If you are looking for a quick meal that your family will love, you’ve got to try this Pasta Sausage Bake. It can be made ahead, and it bakes in 30 minutes.
If you are looking for a quick, easy meal that your family will love, you’ve got to try this Pasta Sausage Bake. I like making this during the holidays because the red and white color of the dish paired with a crisp green salad or steamed broccoli looks so festive on your plate. It is a hearty and satisfying meal anytime of the year. I got the idea for this recipe from The Food Nanny. She has a lot of great Italian recipes on her site.
There are many variations you can try with this dish. To make it a little faster to throw together, you can use canned spaghetti sauce and canned Alfredo sauce. You can make it healthier by using whole wheat pasta, turkey sausage, and lighter versions of spaghetti and Alfredo sauce. You can use different varieties of pasta depending on what you have in the pantry or what your family likes best. I’ve made it with rotini pasta, penne pasta, and bow tie pasta. They all work great! You can also try different kinds of sauce depending on your taste. I think the homemade sauces taste the best.
If you make up a batch of one of these sauces, they can be saved in the fridge or frozen to add to another meal on another day. Try our homemade spaghetti sauce recipe here and our Alfredo sauce recipe here. We also have a lighter Alfredo sauce recipe that is delicious here.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Heat the sliced sausage in a medium sized saucepan until lightly browned on both sides.
- Spread 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Layer half of the pasta, half of the sausage, 1 1/2 cups of spaghetti sauce, 1 1/2 cups Alfredo sauce, and 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Repeat with everything except the cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil, top with remaining 1 1/2 cups of cheese and bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with steamed broccoli or a fresh green salad for a festive meal!