This Sausage Pasta Bake comes together in 30 minutes and is a cheesy, meaty, hearty meal that the whole family will love. Perfect for busy weeknights.
Sausage Pasta Bake
Looking for a quick, easy meal that your family will love? You’ve got to try this Sausage Pasta Bake. With just five simple ingredients, you can have this bubbling in the oven in no time! I especially like making this during the holidays because the red and white color of the dish paired with a crisp green salad or steamed broccoli looks so festive on your plate. Plus, it’s really easy to make and can be frozen ahead of time so it’s the perfect quick meal for those busy evenings. This is a family favorite recipe that is in constant rotation at our house.
Variations to this Pasta Recipe
- If you have a little extra time, you can make this recipe with our Homemade Alfredo Sauce or our Healthy Alfredo Sauce and our Homemade Canned Spaghetti Sauce. These recipes are easy to make and taste extra delicious in this dish.
- To make it a little faster to throw together, feel free to use your favorite canned spaghetti sauce and canned Alfredo sauce.
- Make it healthier by using whole wheat pasta, turkey sausage, and lighter versions of spaghetti and Alfredo sauce.
- You can use different varieties of pasta depending on what you have in the pantry or what your family likes best. I’ve made it with rotini pasta, penne pasta, and bow tie pasta. They all work great!
Freeze it for Later
This Pasta Sausage Bake can be made ahead of time and frozen to use for later! Just prep the casserole according to the recipe card below, but don’t bake it. Cover with aluminum foil and freeze for up to two months. To reheat, simply pop it in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until it’s heated all the way through and the cheese is bubbly. Serve it with a green salad and some crusty bread for a really easy weeknight dinner!
More Simple Pasta Recipes
Pasta dinners are so easy to prepare and are always hearty and filling, aka the perfect weeknight meal! Try some of these delicious recipes for the next time you need a quick dinner idea.
- Spicy Sausage Pasta
- Baked Rotini with Italian Sausage
- Cowboy Spaghetti
- Shrimp Alfredo Pasta
- Creamy One Pot Tortellini with Sausage
- Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Shells
How to make Sausage Pasta Bake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Heat the sliced sausage in a medium sized saucepan until lightly browned on both sides.
- Spread 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Layer half of the pasta, half of the sausage, 1 1/2 cups of spaghetti sauce, 1 1/2 cups Alfredo sauce, and 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Repeat with everything except the cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil, top with remaining 1 1/2 cups of cheese and bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with steamed broccoli or a fresh green salad for a festive meal!
- 9x13 inch pan