Curried Cauliflower and Potatoes are one of my favorite side dishes from our friend from India. They have an amazing butter and Indian curry spice flavor.
This dish of Curried Cauliflower and Potatoes is the second dish that Paige made us that she learned from her friend Mickey. My husband and I were literally fighting over the last bites of this, it was so good!! I am going to be making it again really soon, we were all crazy about it. This is great as a side dish, but we eat it as a main dish with a side of rice and naan bread. The flavors in this dish are to die for, I’m not normally a huge cauliflower person but I loved them in this!
If you missed the Curried Garbanzo Beans (HERE), be sure to check them out too!
This recipe originally comes from Paige’s friend Mickey from India. I asked Paige to tell me a little bit more about Mickey and this is what she sent me:
- 2 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1/2 onion diced
- 8 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/4 jalepeno if you like it a little spicy
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp of cumin
- 1-2 tbl salt
- 2 tbl of Indian spices
- 1 head of cauliflower chopped bit size of a little bit bigger pieces
- 2 med sized potatoes diced
- Cook until potatoes and caluflower are soft. You want to be taking the lid of your pan on and off and stirring. Also don't cook it too long or it will get mushy. And when in doubt add salt.
- Garnish with a bunch of finely chopped cilantro.