Copycat McDonald’s Egg McMuffins are one of my favorite quick breakfasts. Make a bunch, freeze, and have them on hand for busy mornings. Plus they taste just like the original!
Copycat Egg McMuffin Recipe
Easy Egg McMuffins are one of my favorite breakfasts, but who has the time and money to make McDonald’s runs every morning? These are quick and easy and taste absolutely scrumptious, even better than the fast food version. Fluffy egg, crisp ham or bacon and gooey cheese all melted together on a tender English muffin, so delicious! I make a huge batch at a time, then wrap them and freeze for breakfast later on. My husband loves to heat it up before work and my kids adore them for breakfast or even an after school snack.
Tips for Making Homemade Egg McMuffin Sandwiches
- To get that round egg shape that McDonald’s is famous for, use a tuna can. Spray the inside and place it on a hot skillet and break the egg into the can. Cook it until the desired consistency and slide the egg out of the tuna can. Perfect shape! You can use an egg ring too, or egg mold or whatever you have on hand.
- Canadian bacon is the perfect round shape for this breakfast sandwich. Sometimes I’ll use leftover dinner ham or even bacon slices. That’s the beauty of making these McMuffin sandwiches at home: you can make them however you want!
- Fry up your Canadian bacon or ham in a hot skillet using butter or cooking spreay.
- Make sure to toast your English muffin before assembling the sandwiches.
- For maximum melting, I like to put a slice of cheese on the bottom half of the English muffin, then place the hot egg on top of that, then the Canadian bacon, and cover with the toasted English Muffin.
How to Re-Heat Frozen Egg McMuffin Sandwiches
This recipe is so easy to make several ahead of time, wrap tightly, then freeze. They make the quickest and easiest hearty breakfast! Sometimes I will leave a few to thaw out in the refrigerator overnight, then microwave for about 30 seconds to one minute then serve! If they’re completely frozen, you’ll need to microwave a little longer, perhaps about 90 seconds. I always remove the plastic wrap first, then wrap the sandwich in a paper towel before microwaving.
What to Serve With Egg McMuffins
This recipe makes a delicious on-the-go breakfast, but you can serve them with any of our favorite breakfast recipes for a more rounded meal.
- Make Ahead Breakfast Parfaits
- Peaches and Cream Oatmeal Smoothie
- Cool Cucumber Green Smoothie
- Light Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
- Orange Pineapple Banana Smoothie
How to Make Easy Copycat McDonald’s Egg McMuffins
- Cut the English muffin in half, butter, and toast on a griddle or in the oven at 300 degrees for a few minutes. In a skillet, cook the egg to desired hardness (if you want to get really technical like McDonalds, cut the top off of a tuna can, spray the inside well with cooking spray, place that on the hot skillet and break the egg into the can and poke the yolk. Cook until the egg becomes white and solid. You can use an egg ring too, that would probably be easier.) Heat up the Canadian bacon or ham in the skillet. Put a slice of cheese on the bottom half of the English muffin. Place the egg on top of that, then the Canadian bacon on top of the egg, and cover with the top of the toasted English muffin. Really, though, make it any way you want! You have had a McMuffin, you know what it's supposed to look like. 🙂