Grab and Go Make Ahead Breakfast Parfaits are a quick, healthy breakfast for busy mornings. Yogurt, granola, and fruit will start your day off right.
With school starting soon, things are already feeling a little crazy running kids here or there. Am I right? Mornings are starting sooner, which means breakfasts are often rushed or skipped for some of us. I know I am completely guilty of rushed mornings and unless I am grabbing something that is pre-made or takes less than 5-seconds to prepare, I will often just skip breakfast (anyone else guilty of this?).
Where To Buy Plastic Cups with Lids
You can buy 100 of these cups for a great price here on Amazon*. The cups found here are actually better because they have a nice little dome lid so you can add the granola right into the cup before you go! The 8 oz. size seems to be plenty big for these parfaits.
Since I have been making these make ahead breakfast parfaits I am finding that I am skipping breakfast MUCH less. They are so easy to make ahead of time and so convenient to grab and eat when trying to get out the door. They are super convenient and time-saving to take in the car (think sitting in the drive-up window at the bank or waiting for carpool kids). I have also sent my husband to work with these several times as he gets up early and will often skip breakfast as well. He will take one of these and eat it at his desk at work. Everything is disposable so he can just throw it all away and not worry about having dirty dishes at his desk all day. The pros far outweigh the cons here. And the make ahead part is ridiculously easy. I like to just line everything up on the counter and do the assembly line thing. Kids can help too!
If you want to go all out and send them to school with the kiddos, just use a Tupperware cup with a good, strong lid that screws on so you don’t have any backpack fiascoes. For the granola- any type will work. I like our Vanilla Granola recipe the best but the boxed cereal granola works great too.
How to Make Breakfast Parfaits
- Layer 1/4 - 1/3 c. of mixed berries in the bottom of each cup.
- Next spoon about 1/4 - 1/3 c. of yogurt on top of the berries.
- Continue layering until the cup is as full as you would like (with yogurt being the top layer).
- Fill a snack-sized ziploc bag with granola and seal (one for each cup).
- Cover each cup tightly with plastic wrap and seal with rubber band.
- Place (or tie on) a granola bag on each cup along with a plastic spoon (see picture above).
- Place in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
More Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Light Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches – This is another make ahead breakfast option. You can make 24 at once, freeze them, and pull them out one at a time to reheat.
- California Breakfast Casserole – This breakfast casserole is loaded with sausage, avocados, and tomatoes. It’s a protein-packed way to start the day.
- Peaches and Cream Oatmeal Smoothie – This smoothie will start your day off right. It is delicious way to serve oatmeal.
- High Fiber Cereal Bran Muffins – These muffins are very filling because they are packed with fiber. The batter can be made ahead and kept in the fridge for weeks.
- Cinnamon Peanut Butter Granola Bars – This is a no-bake recipe that makes grabbing a healthy breakfast so easy. These bars are loaded with fruit, nuts, oats, and peanut butter.
**We may get a small commission from your purchases at no added cost to you. Thank you!**