Make Ahead Breakfast Parfaits are a quick, healthy breakfast for busy mornings. Yogurt, granola, and fruit will start your day off right. Just grab and go!
Make Ahead Breakfast Parfaits
This Make Ahead Breakfast Parfait recipe is my answer to the craziness of back to school. Mornings starting sooner means breakfasts are often rushed or skipped. That’s where these breakfast parfaits come in. They’re easy to throw together so you can make several ahead of time, then grab and go on your way out the door! Kids and adults alike love these nutritious, flavorful parfaits. With these parfaits in the fridge, I find myself skipping breakfast MUCH less. They are super convenient and time-saving to take in the car (think sitting in the drive-up window at the bank or waiting for carpool kids). I have also sent my husband to work with these several times as he gets up early and will often skip breakfast as well. Basically this recipe has been a game changer for our family. They’re light, convenient, and oh so yummy!
What is a Breakfast Parfait?
These delicious parfaits are like a luscious dessert packed with all kinds of good for you ingredients that will start your day off on the right foot. Most breakfast parfaits are filled with yogurt (any kind will work) layered with fruit and granola. Parfaits are pretty, healthy and fun to eat! The great thing about a breakfast parfait is you can mix and match ingredients to make the perfect combination for you and your family.
Tips for Making Perfect Breakfast Parfaits
- Any kind of granola will work for this recipe. I like our vanilla granola the best but the boxed cereal granola works too.
- Fruit such as blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries are perfect for a breakfast parfait. But you could add bananas, sliced grapes, pineapple, peaches, just about anything you like!
- My family loves thick Greek vanilla yogurt but you can use any type or flavor of yogurt you like!
- Kids love to help assemble these breakfast parfaits. I line up yogurt, fruit and granola on the counter and do an assembly line. The kids love to add their own ingredients to their parfaits, which makes them more apt to eating them!
- You can buy cups with lids for these parfaits for a great price on Amazon*. The cups found here are actually better because they have a nice little dome lid so you can add the granola right into the cup before you go! The 8 oz. size seems to be plenty big for these parfaits.
- Or just use plastic cups and plastic wrap. I like to cover the plastic wrap tightly with a rubber band, and then put a Ziploc baggie of granola on top. That way you can add the granola at the last minute so it doesn’t get soggy.
- If you want to go all out and send them to school with the kiddos, just use a Tupperware up with a good strong lid that screws on so you don’t have any backpack fiascos.
- Store these breakfast parfaits in the fridge for up to five days.
More Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Light Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches – This is another make ahead breakfast option. You can make 24 at once, freeze them, and pull them out one at a time to reheat.
- California Breakfast Casserole – This breakfast casserole is loaded with sausage, avocados, and tomatoes. It’s a protein-packed way to start the day.
- Peaches and Cream Oatmeal Smoothie – This smoothie will start your day off right. It is delicious way to serve oatmeal.
- High Fiber Cereal Bran Muffins – These muffins are very filling because they are packed with fiber. The batter can be made ahead and kept in the fridge for weeks.
- Cinnamon Peanut Butter Granola Bars – This is a no-bake recipe that makes grabbing a healthy breakfast so easy. These bars are loaded with fruit, nuts, oats, and peanut butter.
How to Make Breakfast Parfaits
- Layer 1/4 – 1/3 c. of mixed berries in the bottom of each cup.
- Next spoon about 1/4 – 1/3 c. of yogurt on top of the berries.
- Continue layering until the cup is as full as you would like (with yogurt being the top layer).
- Fill a snack-sized ziploc bag with granola and seal (one for each cup).
- Cover each cup tightly with plastic wrap and seal with rubber band.
- Place (or tie on) a granola bag on each cup along with a plastic spoon (see picture above).
- Place in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
**We may get a small commission from your purchases at no added cost to you. Thank you!**