Grilled Chicken Pasta Primavera is a light and savory dish loaded with fresh vegetables like tomatoes and squash. The fresh garlic and basil give it the most amazing flavor.
This Grilled Chicken Pasta Primavera is a twist on the version that my husband loves from his mom. The main twist being that we grilled the chicken instead of cooking it over the stove. My mother-in-law was so kind to share this recipe that she recited to me over the phone completely from memory! You know it’s an awesome family recipe when it has been made so many times that you no longer need the instructions!
This is the PERFECT pasta dish for summer, it has all the ingredients that are so fresh and good this time of year. I used fresh tomatoes and squash from my parent’s garden and fresh basil from my little italian herb garden. It was so incredibly yummy! It actually ended up making so much that we took some over to our friends to try and they gave this dish two big thumbs up!
Another thing that I love about this pasta is how healthy the sauce is, no heavy creams and you only use a tiny bit of oil to sauté the garlic. Other than that it is just the veggies and broth that make up the sauce but it is seriously packed with flavor! Make it with whole wheat noodles and go light on the cheese and you have a really healthy, low calorie meal!
- 2 to 3 chicken breasts
- our balsamic marinade HERE
- 2 tsp. fresh minced garlic
- 1 tsp. oil
- 2 to 3 medium tomatoes diced
- 1 crookneck yellow squash diced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 to 2 tsp chicken bullion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- mozzarella and parmesan cheese I got the tillamook shredded cheese blend
- 1 small package angel hair or thin spaghetti noodles
- About 2 to 3 hours before serving, filet chicken so you have two thin halves, and place in marinade in the fridge.
- 30 minutes before serving: In a large fry pan, over medium heat, sauté the minced garlic in oil. Add the diced tomatoes, squash, chicken bullion, and salt and pepper.
- While that is cooking begin to boil the noodles in large pot.
- Begin grilling chicken over medium heat. When fully cooked, slice into long strips.
- When the squash is fully cooked, remove the fry pan from heat and toss in the fresh basil.
- Layer each bowl with noodles, a scoop of the primavera sauce, sliced grilled chicken, and top with the mozzarella and parmesan cheese blend.