Grilled Chicken Pasta Primavera is a light and savory dish loaded with vibrant vegetables and flavored with fresh garlic and basil. A perfect summer supper!
Grilled Chicken Pasta Primavera
This Grilled Chicken Pasta Primavera is a twist on a version that my mother in law makes, and just happens to be my husband’s favorite. She was so kind to share this recipe with me so I can share it with you. The only thing I switched was that we grilled the chicken on an outdoor grill instead of cooking it over the stove. Grilled chicken paired with fresh summer veggies and garden herbs with a healthy sauce makes this a perfect summer supper that you can enjoy on the patio with a tossed salad, crusty bread and a tall glass of lemonade.
Suggestions for this Primavera Recipe
- Give the chicken tons of zesty flavor by using our balsamic marinade. It’s so easy to make and is so flavorful!
- If you are able to use garden tomatoes and/or squash, do it! The summer flavor of garden fresh tomatoes can’t be beat.
- There’s no heavy cream in this recipe so you can keep calories low by letting the flavors of the vegetables, chicken and herbs take center stage.
- Make this pasta primavera with whole wheat noodles for extra fiber and nutrients.
- Go light on the cheese for an extra healthy meal.
- I love using fresh herbs from my garden, but you can find beautiful summer herbs in the grocery store in the produce section. Fresh is definitely best in this recipe.
- We love grilling our chicken on the outdoor grill, but you can certainly cook it on grill pan inside or even in bake in the oven.
More Light and Tasty Recipes
Want more summertime supper ideas? Try these fresh, light and tasty
- Fresh and Easy Lemon Spaghetti
- Healthy Pizza
- Artichoke Chicken Pasta
- Citrus Avocado Chicken
- Grilled Cilantro Lime Halibut
How to Make Grilled Chicken Pasta Primavera
- 3 chicken breasts
- our balsamic marinade HERE
- 2 tsp. fresh minced garlic
- 1 tsp. oil
- 3 medium tomatoes diced
- 1 crookneck yellow squash diced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 to 2 tsp chicken bullion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- 1 c mozzarella and parmesan cheese I got the tillamook shredded cheese blend
- 1 pkg angel hair or thin spaghetti noodles
- About 2 to 3 hours before serving, filet chicken so you have two thin halves, and place in marinade in the fridge.
- 30 minutes before serving: In a large fry pan, over medium heat, sauté the minced garlic in oil. Add the diced tomatoes, squash, chicken bullion, and salt and pepper.
- While that is cooking begin to boil the noodles in large pot.
- Begin grilling chicken over medium heat. When fully cooked, slice into long strips.
- When the squash is fully cooked, remove the fry pan from heat and toss in the fresh basil.
- Layer each bowl with noodles, a scoop of the primavera sauce, sliced grilled chicken, and top with the mozzarella and parmesan cheese blend.
- Outdoor Barbecue Grill