This Artichoke Chicken Pasta is creamy and yummy and so easy to throw together. You will love the tender chicken and flavorful artichokes.
This Artichoke Chicken Pasta is so easy to put together and everyone — including my picky eaters — LOVE it! We got this recipe from Emily’s sister-in-law, Katelyn. She is a fabulous cook and her family has so many good recipes. We are excited that she shared this one with us. This pasta has a variety of good flavors. I especially love the red pepper flakes because they give the dish just a little kick of heat. Make sure to use fresh grated parmesan cheese. In my opinion, the grated parmesan that comes in the shaker bottle makes the sauce too grainy. I also like using fresh chopped garlic. I think it adds more flavor than the minced garlic that comes in a jar. We used chicken in this recipe, but it would also go really well with shrimp if your family likes seafood. Just add 1 lb of uncooked, deveined shrimp instead of the chicken. If you are looking for a vegetarian version of this recipe, replace the chicken with mushrooms. This pasta makes really good leftovers, but it does dry out a little. Make sure to add a little cream or milk before heating it up in the microwave. I’ve also noticed that sometimes when you heat chicken up in the microwave it gives it a weird taste, but adding a little salt before microwaving helps to counteract the taste.
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 C chopped green onions
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 C water
- 14 oz can of artichoke hearts drained
- 1 C heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp butter
- 10-12 oz penne pasta cooked
- 3/4 C fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil, onions, and garlic in a large skillet.
- Add chicken, salt, and red pepper flakes. Cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Add water and scrape the bottom of the skillet.
- Add artichoke hearts and heavy cream.
- Let reduce (cook 7 minutes until half as thick).
- Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Add pasta and parmesan cheese. Enjoy!