Grilled Pesto Pizzas are smothered in pesto sauce and sprinkled with feta cheese and fresh tomatoes! Make mini pizzas for a yummy appetizer or side dish.
In the summertime, grilled pizzas are the way to go. You don’t have to heat up the house with a hot oven plus you get a great, grilled flavor. You just can’t get that kind of flavor from a regular oven. If you are intimidated by grilling pizzas, DON’T BE. It’s not scary. It’s actually REALLY easy and once you try it, you will never go back to baking pizzas in the oven (at least during the summer). Need some help getting started with grilling pizzas? Here are a few tips:
Tips for Grilling Pizza:
- Clean your grill grate: When grilling pizza you want to use a clean grill grate. This will prevent sticking. Plus, you don’t want bits of last week’s burgers on your pizzas. Give your grates a good scrape and you will be good to go.
- Preheat the Grill: Another way to prevent sticking. You want the grate hot before putting the pizza on or it will stick.
- Use Olive Oil: Brush your dough with a little olive oil before putting on the grill. This also helps prevent sticking.
- Have Your Ingredients Ready to Go: Have everything chopped, grated, peeled, opened, and ready to go. It’s a quick process and you want to get those toppings on right away.
- Use a Pizza Spatula and Pizza Peel: These are to help assist in flipping the pizzas and getting them off the grill. Your best deal out there is the Pizza Accessory Kit from Camp Chef. This includes 2 pizza peels, a pizza spatula AND a rocking pizza cutter for under $50. Father’s Day is coming up.. this would be an awesome gift! I just have to add that the rocking pizza cutter is like the best thing ever.
- 3 cups flour we do half white and half wheat
- Knead dough for 1 minute then divide into 8 balls.
- Roll out into individual pizzas and layer on a plate divided by wax paper.
- Let dough rise for about 20 minutes.
- Grill on medium heat.
- After the first side is done flip and top with pesto and feta.
- When fully cooked, remove from heat and add tomato slices and season with basil, salt, and pepper.
Like these Grilled Pesto Pizzas? Give these other easy grill recipes a try:
- Grilled Avocado Quesadillas: My #1 favorite quesadilla of all time. These are SO fresh and just plain delicious!
- Vietnamese Pork Bahn Mi Sandwiches: These Vietnamese Pork Bahn Mi sandwiches are some of the best sandwiches I have ever had (and I don’t say that lightly… I am totally a sandwich lover and have tried all kinds of sandwiches).
- Try ALL of our awesome BBQ/GRILLING Recipes.. check them out HERE