Grilled Steak Street Tacos are bursting with flavor. Tender steak combined with simple ingredients wrapped in corn or flour tortillas. Taco Tuesday can’t come soon enough!
Grilled Steak Street Tacos
Grilled Steak Street Tacos are my go-to recipe when taco cravings hit. I could probably eat about 30 of these steak street tacos in one sitting. They are SO delicious! The main difference between street tacos and your typical taco is SIZE. Street tacos are a bit smaller than regular tacos. You are supposed to be able to easily hold one in your hand and eat it on the go, thus the name “street tacos”. They are versatile and can be made MANY different ways with MANY different fillings.
Best Fillings for Street Tacos
- In addition to tender grilled steak, you could switch out the meat to just about anything! Grilled chicken, pulled pork, leftover roast beef, tilapia, even ground beef!
- Same goes for the cheese. If you can’t find Cotija cheese, try feta, crumbled goat cheese, shredded cheddar or whatever you have on hand.
- What I love most about street tacos is their simplicity. More often than not, they are made with only a few simple ingredients. Most of the street tacos I have had don’t even have a sauce or salsa on them. For this recipe, there is so much flavor, extra toppings or sauces just aren’t needed. Of course you can add them if you really want to (just please don’t put ketchup on them… talking to you, Dad).
- The toughest thing to find at the store for street tacos is the tortillas. I have seen Mission brand street taco-size flour tortilla shells at my grocery store. They are so cute and tiny! If you aren’t able to find actual street-taco tortillas, that is totally okay. Just get the smallest tortilla shells you can find. If you are really wanting to get the SMALL size but can’t find them at your grocery store you can get large tortillas and cut them into smaller tortillas using a large cookie cutter. Technically there is no actual size requirement when it comes to street tacos, you just have to be able to eat them easily with one hand.
- Now for the TYPE of tortillas.. corn or flour? It’s up to you. Personally, I prefer corn tortillas to flour, but either kind works. Give these little guys a try. You will not be disappointed!
More Tasty Taco Recipes
Turn ordinary taco night into an extraordinary feast with some of our very favorite recipes:
- Chipotle’s Crispy Chicken Tacos: If you like Chipotle, you are going to LOVE these chicken tacos. They taste just like Chipotle’s chicken tacos!
- Kalua Pork Tacos with Mango Salsa: If you are a fan of sweet and savory, these tacos are for you. Such a bright, island-y flavor.
- Grilled Mahi Mahi Tacos: These Mahi Mahi tacos are everything you could ever want in a fish taco. Skip the fried fish tacos and give these a try! You won’t be disappointed!
- Chicken Lime Tacos: The zesty lime flavor in these tacos are out of this world! You are going to love them!
- Kristen’s Shrimp Tacos: These shrimp tacos are some of the easiest tacos you will every make. They only take minutes to prepare and they are AMAZING!
How to Make Grilled Steak Street Tacos
Grilled Steak Street Tacos
Remove steak from refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
Rub with salt and seasonings and set aside.
Grill, only flipping once, until internal temperature reaches 155-degrees. Remove from grill immediately and set aside for about 5 minutes. Internal temperature will keep rising to about 160-degrees (this is MEDIUM doneness).
Cut steak into small, bite size pieces and place on tortilla shells. Top with onions, cilantro, and cotija cheese.