Grilled Caribbean Shish Kabobs are one of our favorites on the grill! Pineapple, marinated chicken, and bacon wrapped bananas, it’s a vacation on a stick!
Substitutions and Additions
Side Dish Ideas
Want to make these tasty shish kabobs but aren’t quite sure what to serve along with them? Here are some of our favorite side dish choices:
- Cilantro Lime Rice (and Black Beans): Cilantro Lime Rice and Black Beans are the perfect complement to these kabobs. I often make these recipes as a side dish to my regular meals.
- KFC Coleslaw Copycat Recipe: Coleslaw goes great with any grilled dish. The cool, crunchy, creamy cabbage always complements kabobs on hot summer days!
- Easy Lemon Rice: The zesty flavor of the Easy Lemon Rice goes perfectly with this dish. The sweet from the kabobs and the savory/zesty from the rice.. Mmmmmm.
- Caribbean Coconut Fudge Bars: Ok, this is more of a dessert than a side dish, but if you are doing a diner with a Caribbean theme you have GOT to try these! These Caribbean Coconut Fudge Bars can’t be beat! A soft oatmeal cookie crust with chocolate fudge and gooey coconut topping- an instant favorite!
How to make Grilled Caribbean Shish Kabobs
- Marinate chicken pieces in teriyaki or peanut sauce for at least 3 hours.
- Cut bananas into about 5 pieces each.
- Slightly cook the bacon slices so you can pat off some of the grease, but don't cook them too long because you want them long and soft enough to wrap around the bananas. Then lightly coat the bacon in maple syrup.
- Wrap the bacon around the bananas and put them securely onto skewers alternating with chicken and pineapple.
- Grill over medium heat until chicken is cooked through.
- Optional: Brush on more teriyaki sauce to the skewers while they are grilling.