These Grilled Foil Ranch Potatoes are a regular dish for us in the summer time. Load them up with bacon, ham, sausage, onions, peppers, or cheese.
These Grilled Foil Ranch Potatoes are perfect for when you are grilling out on the BBQ. I love how you can customize these based on your own personal preferences. We toss all the potatoes with the ranch mixture then divide the potatoes out onto individual foil pieces and top them the way we want them. Some topping ideas are bacon, ham, sausage, onions, peppers, broccoli, and any kind of cheese.
These potatoes can also be cooked a number of ways. If you are out camping, they make a great tin foil dinner. Just prepare (if not serving right away, keep cold until ready to cook) then throw in the fire pit. You can check readiness by unfolding some of the foil and piercing a potato with a fork to see if it is tender.
Our preferred method is cooking them on the gas grill (thus the title of this recipe), especially when it’s warm so that we don’t heat up the house. But you can also cook them in the oven in the winter. Generally you can bake them at 425 for about 30 to 45 minutes, but the time will vary based on how big your potato pieces are and how many are in your foil packet. Again, you can check for potatoes to be fork tender to see if they are done.
Some people have wanted to know if you can add chicken to the packets. The answer is YES. You can add raw chicken to the potatoes and it is totally fine. In fact, it is DELICIOUS! You can cut the chicken into smaller pieces or you can keep it whole. Our favorite is to use boneless, skinless, chicken thighs to the foil pack. We like to just add them whole. Wrap it up as instructed in the recipe and cook just the same. The chicken should be cooked through once you pull them out. If you are worried about it, check the chicken with a digital meat thermometer before serving (you are aiming for an internal temp. of 165-degrees).
Check out these other great grilling recipes:
- Cajun-Style Grill Foil Packets: One of the most popular recipes on our site! These grill foil packs are so easy to prepare and always turn out just right. A full-on meal without the mess!
- Grilled Honey Berry Sriracha Skewers: These skewers have SO MUCH FLAVOR. You will love the combination of sweet and spicy (don’t worry, they really aren’t too spicy).
- Grilled Caesar Salad: Grilling meat not your thing? Or do you just want to try something different? Try this Grilled Caesar Salad. You won’t be disappointed. It is delicious!
- Grilled Mexican Street Corn: This Grilled Mexican Street Corn is flavored with Cotija cheese, chili powder, and lime. We call it “Nacho Libre” corn because of the corn clip from the movie.
- Still looking for more great grill recipes? Here is a link to our Top 40 Grill Recipes!