Grilled Foil Ranch Potatoes are a regular dish for us in the summer time. Load them up with your choice of toppings and toss them on the grill.
Grilled Foil Ranch Potatoes
These delicious Grilled Foil Ranch Potatoes are perfect for when you are grilling out on the barbecue. They make the perfect side to any meat you’re grilling. We love them with anything from chicken to burgers, steaks to fish. I love how you can customize each foil pack based on your own personal preferences. Toss all the potatoes with the ranch mixture then divide the potatoes out onto individual foil pieces and top them the way we want them. Our kids love making their own potatoes and adults love them too, so try these for your next cook out and prepare to be amazed!
Cooking Methods for Grilled Foil Ranch Potatoes
- Ranch Potatoes can be cooked a number of ways. If you’re out camping, they make a terrific tin foil dinner. All you have to do is prepare ahead of time and chill in a cooler until ready to cook. Then, just throw them in the fire pit. To check the readiness, unfold some of the foil and pierce a potato with a fork to see if it is tender.
- We make these Ranch Potatoes most often on the gas grill during the summertime, but you can easily cook them in the oven during the winter months. Bake them at 425 degrees for about 30 to 45 minutes but the time will vary depending on how big your potato pieces are. Again, check for potatoes to be fork tender before taking them out of the oven.
- Turn these Ranch Potato packs into a full meal by adding raw chicken to the potatoes. Make sure to cut the chicken into bite size pieces so it cooks thoroughly. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs taste scrumptious in this recipe, but any kind of chicken will work just fine. Just make sure the temperature of the chicken is about 165 degrees so you know it’s done.
- Top these Grilled Foil Ranch Potatoes with bacon, ham, sausage, onions, peppers, broccoli, any kind of cheese, or just leave them plain with the ranch mixture.
Perfect Potato Sides
Love a good potato? There are so many ways to turn regular potatoes into works of art, with some of our favorite potato recipes:
- Pesto Potatoes
- Roasted Potatoes and Brussels Sprout
- Grilled Foil Ranch Potatoes
- Roasted Red Caesar Potatoes
- Parmesan Baked Potato Halves
How to Make Grilled Foil Ranch Potatoes
Grilled Foil Ranch Potatoes
- 4 large Potatoes scrubbed and cut into bite sized pieces (we keep the potato skins on)
- After potatoes are washed and cut, combine the ingredients for the ranch mix.
- Use just enough of the mix to thoroughly coat the potatoes and stir together in a large bowl.
- Spoon potatoes out onto individual aluminum foil squares and sprinkle with desired toppings. We did cheddar and bacon for one, and gorgonzola cheese and bacon for the other.
- Wrap the potatoes up in the foil so they are completely covered. We usually wrap each one in two pieces of foil.
- Bake, grill, or cook in a fire pit. It is ready to eat when you peel back some of the foil and potatoes are fork tender and break apart easily.