With this Homemade Baby Wipes Recipe, you can make your own baby wipes at home for less than a dollar a box! These can come in handy if you run out, or are no longer able to purchase at the store.
Homemade Baby Wipes
You know we love the idea of homemade food. Hello! It’s a food blog! But yummy desserts and tasty entrees are not the only things that are better when you make them at home. Baby products, like these homemade baby wipes are another great place to dip into your domestic side.
Make more, spend less
When it comes to babies, these little bundles of joy tend to be very expensive. All the gear required can leave your budget feeling like its expanding faster than a pregnant woman’s belly. But here is one way we can help. Homemade baby wipes cost less than a dollar a box to make. This is a big savings considering you can spend up to five dollars for a box of wipes, depending on the brand. These wipes smell so good, they are soft, and they don’t contain any harsh chemicals. They even look pretty in a cute container on the changing table. If you need some for the diaper bag, you can grab a few and place them in a smaller container with a lid for safe keeping. What I like to do is refill a purchased travel size plastic baby wipe container for the diaper bag with my own homemade wipes.
The container I used is pictured above with the lid. It is a Better Homes and Gardens 7.5 cup flip-tite square plastic container. Everything you need is shown above. I simply cut a roll of paper towels in half to get the size right for my plastic container and saved the other half for the next time I make wipes. I like to get a brand that has select-a-size sheets so I can get the right amount of wipe for the job. Once I found the container I liked, the whole project from start to finish took less than 10 minutes. These wipes are a perfect gift for a new mommy. Make sure you print the recipe and give her some extra supplies so she can continue to make her own.
Need more baby gift ideas? Check out our Favorite Baby Must-Haves for ideas.
How To Make Homemade Baby Wipes
- Cut paper towel roll in half with a serrated knife, a bread knife works great.
- Place one of the halves in the round or square container. Save the other half for when you are ready to make another batch.
- Boil 2 cups of water for 2 minutes.
- Add liquid bath soap and baby oil to the boiled water.
- Pour mixture evenly over paper towels.
- Pull out the cardboard core of the paper towel roll. It comes out easily once it is wet.
- Place lid on container.
- Keep the lid securely on the container until ready to use, start by pulling the wipes from the center of the roll, and then replace lid after each use.
- The wipes should stay wet and fresh for up to a week. If you haven't used all of the wipes and they start to dry out, simply add some boiled water to refresh the roll.
- DO NOT FLUSH!