This homemade Hot Fudge Sauce is thick and chocolatey and has the most amazing rich chocolate flavor. We use it for dipping or drizzled over ice cream.
Hot Fudge Sauce
Here’s a funny game you can play with your family when you need to pass the time (think car trips, waiting rooms etc). Have them try to come up with a food that isn’t made better by either adding chocolate sauce or Ranch dressing. Well, I can’t speak to the Ranch dressing part, but believe me, there are plenty of foods whose flavors are only made better by the addition of chocolate sauce — especially if it is our delectable homemade hot fudge sauce.
So Many Ways to Use Hot Fudge Sauce
We have been using this recipe for Hot Fudge Sauce for more than 25 years! It’s amazing as a fondue or ice cream topping. I especially love it with strawberries. This recipe is so easy to make and so much better than anything you can buy at the store. The possibilities are endless. Try this yummy sauce on the following:
- Rice Krispie Treats
- Peanut Butter Balls
- Oreo Cookies
- Caramel Squares
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Peppermint Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Pretty much ANY Ice Cream
- Brownie Sundaes
- Ritz Crackers
- Angel Food Cake
- Nilla Wafers
You get the idea. Really, there are so many possibilities.
How To Store and Reheat Hot Fudge Sauce
On the off chance you make too much hot fudge (I mean, is there such a thing as too much?) and need to store it, here are a few things to bear in mind. For starters, this is similar to the storage and reheating tips from our two ingredient Chocolate Fondue. The hot fudge sauce can be kept in the refrigerator about the same amount of time as any store bought fudge sauce. As for reheating, put in a saucepan on the stove and warm slowly until the fudge mixture thins enough to dip or drizzle. It will still be quite thick.
Keep the Chocolate Coming
If all this talk of chocolate drizzled over everything has you craving even more chocolatey recipes, don’t worry. We have plenty.
- Instant Pot Chocolate Lava Cake is rich, gooey and delicious, and done in just 30 minutes.
- Chocolate Cherry Cake tastes just like biting into a luscious chocolate cherry candy.
- Ridiculously Delicious Chocolate Cake is positively sinful.
- Candy Bar Hot Chocolate features Almond Joy, Reese’s and Twix flavors and is perfect for warming up on a cold day.
- Chocolate Chip Nothing Bundt Cake Copycat is rich, moist and delicious and tastes just like what you would find in the shop.
How to Make Hot Fudge Sauce
Hot Fudge Sauce
most amazing rich chocolate flavor. We use it for dipping or drizzled
over ice cream.
- Large Sauce Pan
- Stove Top
- Combine first three ingredients in saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until chocolate chips are melted and sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Serve warm.