This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
This Mafa Chicken with Honey Mustard Sauce is crispy fried chicken perfection. The strong marinade the chicken soaks in gives it the most amazing flavor.
What is Mafa Chicken?
What is Wondra Flour?
Another ingredient on the list that you might not be familiar with is Wondra Flour. Wondra Flour is a brand of instant flour that became the household name for this type of flour (kind of like Kleenex and Xerox). Instant flour is a finely-ground wheat flour. It is pre-cooked and dried. It is perfect for making batter to fry.
Other Chicken Recipes You Will Love
- Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken
- Easy Apricot Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu
- General Tso’s Chicken
- Chicken Fried Chicken with Country Gravy
- Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
Mafa Chicken with Honey Mustard Sauce
- Blend batter ingredients thoroughly in blender til you have a smooth mixture. Cut up chicken breasts into chicken nugget size pieces and marinate in the above mixture in the fridge overnight.
- If it is cold enough, we keep the chicken in the garage. If you keep it in the fridge put a good seal over the chicken and sauce because this stuff has a strong smell!!
- Before cooking stir 2 eggs into the mixture and thoroughly coat each piece of chicken in “Wondra” flour. Deep fry at about 350 degrees until pieces are brown and completely cooked.
For the dipping sauce:
- Mix mayonnaise, honey and mustard. Chill and serve.