This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
We make these Winger’s Sticky Fingers and Freakin’ Amazing Sauce in less time than it would to take get takeout from Winger’s! Only TWO ingredients in the sauce!
Featured with this recipe
- Winger’s Sticky Fingers and Freakin’ Amazing Sauce
- How to make Winger’s Sticky Fingers and Freakin’ Amazing Sauce
- Freakin’ Amazing Sauce
- Tips to Try
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Storing and Reheating
- More Copycat Recipes from WINGERS Roadhouse Grill
- Winger’s Sticky Fingers and Freakin’ Amazing Sauce Recipe
We are huge fans of Winger’s Sticky Fingers and Freakin’ Amazing Sauce! We used to purchase bottles of sauce frequently, but now there is no need to since we have our own recipe. I can’t tell a difference between the real sauce and this. This has got to be the exact recipe they use in the restaurant! They are SO easy to make!
Every single time I make these, they get devoured in no time flat. They are always the first thing to go if we have a tailgate spread and people always beg me for the recipe. My kids absolutely LOVE them! They request them for dinner all the time. We can make these Winger’s sticky fingers in less time than it would to go to Winger’s and order them.
Winger’s Sticky Fingers and Freakin’ Amazing Sauce
These ingredients are easy to find and come together quickly! Simply heat the chicken strips, mix together the sauce ingredients, and fry the chicken one last time for a crispy and tender, juicy chicken with the best freaking amazing sauce covering it. Add fries, a side of ranch dressing, and a shake to make this a complete meal!
- Chicken strips – Tyson frozen crispy chicken or Just Bare lightly breaded chicken strips. Both are in the frozen aisle at Costco or your local grocery store. These are specific brands only because we know for sure they work and make this copycat recipe even better!
- Oil – If you are choosing the frying method for cooking chicken wings, you will need this oil to fry them in. Air fryer or baking them is just as great and gives them a great crunchy texture with tender and juicy chicken on the inside. You will need oil at the end as well to fry the chicken giving it that crispy delicious outside flavor!
- Franks hot sauce – This is a MUST! This hot sauce is in our refrigerator any time we need it. Add it to your pantry staple list! Make sure to get the original not the buffalo flavor.
- Brown sugar – Add sweetness to the sauce as well as help balance the spiciness in the sauce.
- Water – Another agent to balance the sauce but also used for stirring in the brown sugar and helping it to dissolve.
How to make Winger’s Sticky Fingers and Freakin’ Amazing Sauce
Make dinner tonight with this amazingly delicious copycat dinner! This is simple to make and is loaded with flavor! The chicken is already precooked and fried with a thick breading that encompasses the tender chicken on the inside. Hot sauce is then added with sweetness and poured over top the chicken. Together this is the perfect combination!
- Bake chicken – Prepare chicken strips according to package directions. You can either bake or fry. We prefer the fryer method as it tastes more like how Winger’s prepares them.
- Making the sauce – Heat up hot sauce, brown sugar, and water in a sauce pot until all the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and allow to cool at room temperature before adding to chicken strips.
- Fry chicken wings – Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees. Fry coated wings in hot oil for 10 to 15 minutes, or until parts of the chicken strips begin to turn brown.
- Combine sauce and chicken – Remove from heat, place chicken strips in serving bowl, add sauce mixture, and stir together.
Freakin’ Amazing Sauce
This is an awesome sauce that is used on grilled chicken, burgers, and kabobs. Pretty much it tastes great on anything that you can grill. We love dipping it in our Homemade Ranch Dressing or making a sticky fingers salad with sticky fingers on top.
Another of our favorites is dipping popcorn in this homemade Freakin’ Amazing Sauce. For us, it’s like being in a restaurant because whenever we go to Winger’s and they give us popcorn we always ask for a side of the sauce just to dip popcorn in as we are waiting. This is an addicting freaking amazing sauce!
Tips to Try
Try these tips to make these copycat winger’s sticky fingers dinner even better! Take your breaded chicken to the next level with this freaking amazing sauce overtop. It is a sauce that you will be making over and over again!
- The sauce – Please make sure you use Frank’s Hot Sauce brand when you make it. Nothing else will taste as good or as close to the original.
- Make ahead of time – By making the sauce ahead of time, you can store it in the refrigerator in a jar to have on hand and ready to pour over top of the chicken strips. It is best to not pour the sauce when it is warm.
- Let the chicken cool – Also, make sure that you let the sauce cool to room temperature before you pour it on the chicken otherwise it won’t stick as well. See our instructional video below and get the recipe below that!
- Garlic powder – One reader suggested adding 1 teaspoon of garlic powder to the sauce mixture to help create more of the copycat meal.
- Less sugar – You can use a little less sugar and cook longer to reduce the liquid for a less sugary sauce.
- Dipping – Dip your copycat winger’s wings into homemade ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing.
“Thanks for the recipe! My husband and the guests loved it! I cooled the sauce down before I put the chicken and it was perfect.”-Lith
Frequently Asked Questions
For this recipe, we strongly encourage you to get the Franks Hot Sauce. This is the closest sauce that we have found that tastes similar to Wingers. Other sauces have ingredients that we have not researched or found to have the right taste and texture.
Winger’s sauce is two parts hot sauce, one part butter, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, white vinegar, cayenne pepper, and paprika that make up the sauce. If you order the sweeter wings, they have honey or maple syrup.
These are actually both the same in one! Chicken tender, chicken fingers, and strips are said interchangeably. The chicken strips and tenders are cut into strips before they are breaded and fried. This breaded chicken is not always made from chicken breast either.
Read Next:35+ Easy Dinner Ideas
Storing and Reheating
Take your leftovers and storing in an airtight container for five to six days in the refrigerator. These chicken wings are even better the next day after they have been soaking in even more of the freaking amazing sauce. When ready to reheat, place it in the air fryer, microwave, or on a baking sheet in the oven. Warm up until hot!
More Copycat Recipes from WINGERS Roadhouse Grill
Winger’s Sticky Fingers and Freakin’ Amazing Sauce
- 24 ounces Tyson Frozen Crispy Chicken Strips or Just Bare Lightly Breaded Chicken Strips
- 1/3 cup Frank's Hot Sauce (It has to be Frank's Hot Sauce, no other sauce will taste as good)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
FOR THE STICKY FINGERS:
- Prepare chicken strips according to package directions. You can either bake, air fry or fry. If you want to prepare them like Winger's does, deep fry them. For a healthier method, bake or air fry.
FOR THE SAUCE:
- Heat up hot sauce, brown sugar and water in a saucepot until all the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temp before adding to chicken strips OR prepare ahead of time and refrigerate. The wings turn out best if you don't pour warm sauce over them. You want it nice and thick.
Make the Sauce Ahead of Time!By making the sauce ahead of time, you can store it in the refrigerator in a jar to have on hand and ready to pour over top of the chicken strips. It is best to not pour the sauce when it is warm.
Did you try this recipe?
Share It on Instagram!
Mention @favoritefamilyrecipes or tag #favoritefamilyrecipes!
mmmm yummy, the wings are to die for. Easy to prepare , there are month watering and you can eat them at anytime of the day.
See More Comments