We make these Winger’s Sticky Fingers and Freakin’ Amazing Sauce in less time than it would to take get takeout from Winger’s! Only TWO ingredients in the sauce!
Winger’s Sticky Fingers and Freakin’ Amazing Sauce
We are huge fans of Winger’s Sticky Fingers and Freakin’ Amazing Sauce. We used to go buy the bottles of sauce all the time, but now there is no need. I will never have to go buy the sauce again. No kidding. I can’t tell a difference between the real deal and these. This has got to be the exact recipe they use in the restaurant. We can whip these Winger’s sticky fingers up in less time than it would take to go to Winger’s and order them. They are SO easy to make!
Every single time I make these, they get devoured in no time flat. They are always the first thing to go if we have a tailgate spread and people always beg me for the recipe. My kids absolutely LOVE them! They request them for dinner all the time.
Freakin’ Amazing Sauce
Now back to the Freakin’ Amazing Sauce. It is very appropriately named. We use this stuff on everything. It is awesome over grilled chicken, burgers, and kabobs. Pretty much it tastes great on anything that you can grill. We love dipping it in our Homemade Ranch Dressing or making a sticky fingers salad with sticky fingers on top. Another of our favorites is dipping popcorn in this homemade Freakin’ Amazing Sauce. For us, it’s like being in the restaurant because whenever we go to Winger’s and they give us popcorn we always ask for a side of the sauce just to dip popcorn in as we are waiting. Anybody else do that? Yeah, I’d say that we are a little obsessed.
Tips to try
Please make sure you use Frank’s Hot Sauce brand when you make it. Nothing else will taste as good or as close to the original. Also, make sure that you let the sauce cool to room temperature before you pour it on the chicken otherwise it won’t stick as well. See our instructional video below and get the recipe below that!
One reader suggested adding 1 tsp. garlic powder to the sauce mixture. Another reader recommended a little less sugar and cooking longer to reduce the liquid. Let us know if you try it and how it works out for you!
More Copycat Recipes from WINGERS Roadhouse Grill
- Wingers Wings with Freakin’ Amazing Sauce – If you prefer wings to sticky fingers, you’ll want to check out this recipe.
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings – A delicious crispy non-breaded version of the wings made with the same Original Winger’s Sauce!
- Mile High Asphalt Pie – Chocolate mint ice cream drizzled with caramel and sprinkled with cookies. It’s our favorite dessert at Wingers!
How to make Winger’s Sticky Fingers and Freakin’ Amazing Sauce
- 25 ounces Tyson Frozen Crispy Chicken Strips
- oil for deep frying (optional)
- 1/3 cup Franks Hot Sauce It has to be Franks Hot Sauce... no other sauce will taste as good
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
FOR THE STICKY FINGERS:
- Prepare chicken strips according to package directions. You can either bake or fry. We prefer the fryer method as it tastes more like how Winger's prepares them.
FOR THE SAUCE:
- Heat up hot sauce, brown sugar and water in a saucepot until all the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temp before adding to chicken strips OR prepare ahead of time and refrigerate.
- The wings turn out best if you don't pour warm sauce over them. You want it nice and thick.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees. Fry coated wings in hot oil for 10 to 15 minutes, or until parts of the chicken strips begin to turn brown.
- Remove from heat, place chicken strips in serving bowl, add sauce mixture and stir together.