Cream cheese lemon bars are ALWAYS a crowd favorite. They are tangy, sweet, soft, chewy, and perfectly delicious!
These cream cheese lemon bars are a true family favorite! My mom would always make these when we were growing up and we all loved them! She would always take them to family reunions and they would be the first thing to get devoured (still are). I like them more than the traditional lemon bar because they have a creamy/chewy aspect to them. I love the crust and the crumble on top, too. They taste great fresh or refrigerated. When we were little, our mom would pack them up in a Tupperware and bring them to the lake in a cooler. Something about the cool, creamy lemon flavor just goes perfectly with lake trips or summer picnics. They also tend to be more chewy when they are cold, which I LOVE.
You can get fancy and top these with raspberries or strawberries but I like them just as they are. Oh, and did I mention they are SUPER easy to make? You can see for yourself in the video below! Trust me, you are going to LOVE them!
- 1 pkg. lemon cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 8 oz. pkg cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- Combine cake mix, vegetable oil and 1 egg until crumbly. Reserve one cup of crumble mixture and set aside. Spread remainder of crumbs in a 9x13 pan and pat down to form a crust. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until crust is lightly golden brown. Place remaining ingredients in a bowl; whip until fluffy and light. Spread over baked crumb mixture and crumble the reserved cup of crumbs over the top. Return to oven and bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Cool and cut. Delicious!
Love this cream cheese lemon bars recipe? Here are more like it:
- Oatmeal Raspberry Crumb Bars: Soft and chewy oatmeal bars with a raspberry filling. What’s not to love?
- Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars: Like eating a caramel apple.. but better!
- Caribbean Coconut Fudge Bars: Pretty much HEAVEN in bar form. This is a recipe that was inspired by an actual dessert in the Caribbean.
- Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars: Another one of our most popular “bar” recipes. Like a cross between key lime pie and coconut cream pie– in bar form. Trust me, they taste as good as they sound!
- Still wanting more? Check out ALL of our cookie and bar recipes HERE