Lemon Cream Cheese Bars are tangy, sweet, soft, chewy, and perfectly delicious. These tasty treats are always a crowd pleaser!
Lemon Cream Cheese Bars
Lemon Cream Cheese Bars are a true family favorite. My mom made these for years when we were growing up and we all loved them. The luscious, creamy bar cookies took center stage at every family reunion, every picnic, and every weekend lake trip and they were always the first thing to be devoured. I like them more than a traditional lemon bar recipe because they’re much creamier and more like cheesecake. The buttery crust and crumble on top complement the light, fluffy lemony filling too. They’re so yummy; you will absolutely love this recipe.
Tips for the Perfect Lemon Cream Cheese Bars
- These bars taste delicious cold. When we were little, our mom would pack them in a cooler and bring them to the lake. I also love them right out of the refrigerator. They are a bit more chewy when they’re cold, which I love!
- You can get fancy and top these with raspberries or strawberries too. So delicious!
- Store Lemon Cream Cheese Bars covered in the refrigerator for up to five days. Serve at room temperature by allowing them to rest on the counter for about thirty minutes.
- When mixing the filling, make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature! Cream cheese at room temperature mixes up light and fluffy with absolutely no lumps.
More Favorite Bar Recipes
Love this Lemon Cream Cheese Bars recipe? Here are a few of our most favorite bar cookie recipes.
- Oatmeal Raspberry Crumb Bars: Soft and chewy oatmeal bars with a raspberry filling. What’s not to love?
- Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars: Like eating a caramel apple.. but better!
- Caribbean Coconut Fudge Bars: Pretty much HEAVEN in bar form. This is a recipe that was inspired by an actual dessert in the Caribbean.
- Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars: Another one of our most popular “bar” recipes. Like a cross between key lime pie and coconut cream pie– in bar form. Trust me, they taste as good as they sound!
- Lemon Square Bars: A more traditional lemon bar recipe. Tart, tangy, oh so yummy!
How to Make Lemon Cream Cheese Bars
Lemon Cream Cheese Bars
Combine dry cake mix, vegetable oil, and 1 egg until crumbly.
Reserve one cup of crumble mixture and set aside.
Spread remainder of crumbs in a 9x13 pan and pat down to form a crust.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until crust is lightly golden brown.
Place remaining ingredients in a bowl; whip until fluffy and light. Spread over baked crumb mixture and crumble the reserved cup of crumbs over the top.
Return to oven and bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Cool and cut. Delicious!