This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Raspberry Oatmeal Bars are a sweet, buttery, fruity bar cookie with a nutty, crumbly crust. The perfect bar cookie for any occasion!
Featured with this recipe
Oatmeal Bars are a fruity, nutty, buttery dessert that are always first to disappear at any gathering! This recipe came about as I was rooting through the pantry one night, craving something sweet. I found a can of raspberry pie filling and some coconut, along with a similar recipe on the Betty Crocker website. So I made a few adjustments to my liking and I was surprised when they turned out way better than I hoped! Now these treats are some of the most requested at family gatherings. If you enjoy a hearty cookie you will absolutely love these oatmeal bars!
- All- purpose flour
- Quick cooking oats
- Brown sugar – packed
- Macadamia nuts – chopped, optional
- Shredded coconut
- Baking soda
- Butter – melted
- Raspberry pie filling
Suggestions for these Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
- These bar cookies are sinfully delicious right out of the oven, but my family actually things they’re best the next day after they have cooled and are nice and chewy. My husband actually likes them cold. My point is, there is no wrong way to eat these oatmeal bars!
- If you don’t have raspberry pie filling on hand, try cherry, blueberry or even peach pie filling. They’re all delicious!
- I didn’t toast my coconut the first few times I made this recipe, so don’t feel like you need to do this step every time. But you can definitely toast it and it adds just another layer of flavor.
- You can use shredded coconut or flaked, whichever you have on hand.
- Of course, the star of the show is oatmeal. Use quick cooking oats for this recipe. And if you like oats, try our famous Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies. So delicious!
- Serve these cookie bars alone or warmed up with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. YUM!
Frequently Asked Questions
No! These raspberry bars aren’t picky! Anything from blackberry preserves to apricot or plum, or cherry, blueberry, or peach! The sky is the limit!
They will last in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week. Or, place in a freezer-safe container where they will last up to 3 months.
You can exchange some of the ingredients to make them gluten-free, for example, you can exchange the flour for almond flour, and the oats for certified gluten-free oats. For all other ingredients, be sure to check labels.
“Healthy” is subjective, however, looking at the facts, raspberry oat bars are just as “healthy” as any other dessert. Because of their oat content, they do have fiber, but not enough to make these a health snack. Their raspberry filling gives them a bit of Vitamin C, but again, these are a dessert. Although the oats give this dessert a little bit of protein, which is nice. But, just like every fun, delicious thing, enjoy in moderation! It’s better for you and it will make the treat last longer 🙂
More Bar Cookie Recipes
Bar cookies are easy to make and always turn out to be a hit at parties, potlucks, barbecues, bridal showers, you name it! Try a few of our favorite bar recipes:
- Lemon Cream Cheese Bars
- Seven Layer Cookie Bars
- Caribbean Coconut Fudge Bars
- German Chocolate Cookie Bars
- Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars
How to Make Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- In large bowl, mix flour, oats, brown sugar, macadamia nuts, coconut, salt and baking soda, using pastry blender. Stir in melted butter until well mixed.
- Reserve 2 cups oat mixture for topping.
- On bottom of ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan, firmly press remaining oat mixture.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until crust just begins to brown.
- Using a rubber spatula, carefully spread pie filling over warm crust in your baking dish.
- Stir cinnamon into reserved oat mixture. Sprinkle oat mixture over filling; pressing lightly into filling.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool completely in pan (30 minutes or so). Cut and serve.
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.