These Caribbean Coconut Fudge Bars can’t be beat! A soft oatmeal cookie crust with chocolate fudge and gooey coconut topping- an instant favorite!
This recipes comes from our sister, Elise, who just got back from a week in the Caribbean (uh… jealous!) She had these Coconut Fudge Bars in a little coffee shop while visiting Caneel Bay on St. John’s. She loved these so much, she came home and duplicated the recipe (and was nice enough to share). They are delicious! I love the layer of the oatmeal cookie crust combined with the fudge and chewy coconut. I can see why it is so popular in the Caribbean!
Each time we have made these, they are devoured within minutes. Seriously. We took them to a potluck and they were the first things cleared from the table. They are so decadent, yet easy to make! You will have everyone begging you for this recipe. They are also easy to cut into servings and stored in an air-tight container. I actually like them best after they have been refrigerated for a little while. We have cut them into servings and put them in a cooler to take on picnics– SUCH a good picnic treat.
Note: Add chocolate eggs (like Cadbury mini eggs) to the top to make these into a fun Easter treat!
- 1 c. flour
- 1 c. oats
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. butter melted
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- 1 can 14oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 c. sweetened condensed milk
- 2 c. flaked or shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Add melted butter and press down evenly into a 9x13 glass baking dish. Bake at 350-degrees for 8 minutes. Cool slightly (just warm).
- Combine fudge ingredients in a medium-sized sauce pan. Heat over medium heat until just melted and thick. Pour fudge over oat crust and allow to cool completely.
- Place coconut in a food processor or blender and pluse 1-2 times until coarsely chopped. Combine coconut and sweetened condensed milk and gently spread evenly on top of the fudge.
- Cool and serve.
If you love these Caribbean Coconut Fudge Bars, you are sure to love these other recipes too:
- Cream Cheese Lemon Bars: Cream cheese lemon bars are ALWAYS a crowd favorite. They are tangy, sweet, soft, chewy, and perfectly delicious!
- Oatmeal Raspberry Crumb Bars: Perfect for dessert nights, BBQs, potlucks, parties and everything in between.
- Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars: Another great “island” flavor. These have a bright, tangy, Caribbean flavor with just the right amount of coconut. Like a mix between coconut cream pie and key lime pie. So good!
- ALL our Cookie and Bars recipes: We have DOZENS of great cookie and bar recipes… try them all!