Easy No Bake Cookies are a classic! Oats, cocoa, and peanut butter whip up easily and smoothly for the perfect after school snack or quick chocolate craving fix.
Easy No Bake Cookies
No Bake Cookies are such a yummy treat to make when you’re pressed for time or just want a little something sweet right now. Made with simple pantry ingredients, they come together in a snap. My kids love them as an after school snack with a tall glass of cold milk. My husband whips them up on a lazy weekend afternoon as we’re playing board games or watching movies. And no bake means you don’t need to heat up the house with your oven. Just a little stove top stirring and you’re done!
Tips for the Perfect No Bake Cookie
- When boiling the butter, sugar, milk and cocoa you want to make sure to boil it long enough that the cookies will set up properly, but not too long or the cookies will turn out dry, hard and crumbly. Follow the directions in the recipe card below for the perfect cooking times.
- Try to avoid switching out ingredients in this recipe. Many recipes can swap out sugar for sugar substitutes but these cookies need the real thing to cook up right. Everything in moderation, right? Enjoy a cookie and eat salad later.
- If you do want to add a little something extra, you could toss in chopped nuts, coconut, or even mini chocolate candies.
- Make sure to use unsweetened cocoa powder when making this recipe. Anything else will make them too sweet.
- Old fashioned oats or quick oats work well in this no bake cookie recipe. So feel free to use whatever you have on hand.
- Store these cookies in an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to a week. They freeze beautifully for up to three months.
More Yummy Cookie Recipes
Whether you’re looking to whip up something quick and easy or want to wow guests with gorgeous treats, we have dozens of cookie recipes to choose from! Here are a few of our favorites:
- No Bake Avalanche Bark
- Five Minute Microwave Rice Krispie Treats
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- Andes Mint Cookies
How to Make No Bake Cookies
- Measure out rolled oats, peanut butter, and vanilla into a mixing bowl. Don't mix.
- Mix butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa together in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Quickly stir in the rolled oats, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- Return the saucepan to the burner and, while stirring, cook for 1 more minute.
- Drop by spoonfulls onto wax paper or aluminum foil as quickly as possible. Cool to set.