These Protein Packed Chocolate Truffles are oh so yummy, but the best part is, they are loaded with protein and fiber and actually good for you! Unlike regular chocolates that are overloaded with sugar and make you feel sluggish, these chocolate truffles are loaded with ingredients that will give you more energy. They make a great post workout treat. Don’t be scared off by the secret ingredient- you honestly can’t even taste the garbanzo beans. The garbanzo beans give these truffles the perfect consistency, and they have great healthy benefits like protein, fiber, iron, and zinc.
My kids are crazy about these Protein Packed Chocolate Truffles and it’s great to have a yummy treat to give them that I can feel good about. They love helping to make them too, its fun to roll them into little balls and roll them around in the powdered sugar. And unlike cookie dough, it is totally ok to sneak tastes of the mix.
- After thoroughly rinsing the garbanzo beans, place the beans between several layers of paper towels and start smashing them. You want to try and smash and squeeze as much liquid as you can out of them.
- Add the smashed garbanzo beans to a food processor or blender, then blend until they become a paste. Add the honey, cocoa, salt, and coconut and blend them in until completely combined.
- Pour contents into a medium size bowl and stir in the peanut butter.
- Place bowl in the fridge to firm up the mix for about 30 minutes
- Roll mix into rounded tablespoon sized balls and place back into fridge for another 30 minutes.
- Roll balls lightly in powdered sugar. You could also roll in cocoa powder, chopped nuts, or coconut.
- Keep in fridge in a sealed container for up to two weeks.