These No Bake Protein Balls are oh so yummy, but the best part is, they are loaded with protein and fiber and actually good for you!
No Bake Protein Balls
Just wait until you get a taste of these No Bake Protein Balls. Unlike regular chocolates or cookies that are overloaded with sugar and make you feel sluggish, these Protein Balls are loaded with ingredients that will give you more energy. They make a great post workout treat. They’re perfect for sending in school lunches. Need something for a quick after school snack? These are a great option.
Secret Ingredient — Shhhh!
There are several things that make these protein balls a healthy, tasty treat. One of them is the secret ingredient: Garbonzo Beans. That’s right. But don’t be scared. Honestly you can’t even taste the garbanzo beans. The garbanzo beans actually give these No Bake Protein Balls the perfect consistency, and they have great healthy benefits like protein, fiber, iron, and zinc.
Kid Tested and Approved
My kids are crazy about these Protein Packed Chocolate Truffles and it’s great to have a yummy treat to give them that I can feel good about. They love helping to make them too, its fun to roll them into little balls and roll them around in the powdered sugar. And unlike cookie dough, it is totally ok to sneak tastes of the mix.
More Healthy Snacks for You
If you are looking for more ways to boost your health, stay full and enjoy healthy but yummy food, here are some recipes to try.
- Healthy Banana Muffins are unlike any you’ve made before. They are moist and delicious and rich with flavor.
- Crock Pot Vegetable Beef Soup is so easy to make and is a warm, delightful bowl of comfort food.
- Light Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches are perfect for mornings when you want something healthy, but are running short on time.
- Healthy Pizza has just 350 calories but tastes as good as any other pizza you’ve tried. Pizza night never looked so good.
How To Make No Bake Protein Balls
- After thoroughly rinsing the garbanzo beans, place the beans between several layers of paper towels and start smashing them. You want to try and smash and squeeze as much liquid as you can out of them.
- Add the smashed garbanzo beans to a food processor or blender, then blend until they become a paste. Add the honey, cocoa, salt, and coconut and blend them in until completely combined.
- Pour contents into a medium size bowl and stir in the peanut butter.
- Place bowl in the fridge to firm up the mix for about 30 minutes
- Roll mix into rounded tablespoon sized balls and place back into fridge for another 30 minutes.
- Roll balls lightly in powdered sugar. You could also roll in cocoa powder, chopped nuts, or coconut.
- Keep in fridge in a sealed container for up to two weeks.
- Food Processor