These one pot chicken teriyaki rice bowls make for the EASIEST week-night meal. You throw everything in one pot and let it simmer until finished!
Have you noticed I have been a little obsessed with one pot meals? You literally make it all in one pot (or skillet). The perfect meal for when you are in a pinch and don’t have a whole lot of time to make dinner. With kid #3 still pretty tiny and kids #1 and #2 feeling like they need extra attention– I am finding I have very little time to spend in the kitchen. At this time in my life I am needing dinners to be EASY and I need cleanup to be even easier. I need tasty dinners that I can whip up and throw on the table in as little time as possible. So in case you were wondering why you are seeing so many one pot meals from me, there is your answer. Oh, and believe me, there are still many more to come!
Not having to cook rice separately in the rice cooker or anything makes clean up so much easier. You throw the rice in uncooked and let it go. You will want to use long-grain white rice or jasmine rice. Calrose rice will get too sticky and brown rice will require longer cooking time. Some have asked if instant rice will work– instant rice will throw off the cooking times as well. You will just want to adjust water and times according to the instant rice packaging.
Additions & Substitutions
Feel free to use the frozen stir-fry veggie mix or any other vegetables you would like in with the rice. The more veggies, the better! We have also added crushed pineapple before and it is delicious. The teriyaki sauce that we like to use is the “Mr. Yoshida’s” or Trader Joe’s “Island Soyaki” sauce but you can use whatever you have on hand. I like to add a little extra soy sauce on at the end as well, with a nice spattering of Sriracha sauce (we seriously go through Sriracha at our house like some go through ketchup… even my KIDS ask for it)!
One Pot Chicken Teriyaki Rice Bowls
In a large, deep skillet, over medium-high heat, cook chicken in 3 Tbsp. Teriyaki sauce until just white on the outside (doesn't need to be cooked through).
Add remaining ingredients, except broccoli and extra teriyaki sauce, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover with lid. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add broccoli, cover again, and simmer an additional 5 minutes or until rice is cooked through.
- Spoon extra teriyaki sauce, to taste, over the rice and serve immediately.
More easy ONE POT recipes:
- Skinny One Pot Creamy Garlic Noodles: These creamy garlic noodles are delicious yet so easy and clean-up is a snap. No creams or large amounts of butter, making this meal a winner all-around!
- One Pot Jambalaya Pasta:Can you tell I have been loving these one-pot dinners? They are the best! I came up with this One Pot Jambalaya Pasta recipe when I was craving Jambalaya but I wanted to make it simplified somehow.
- One Pot Thai Peanut Pasta:This One Pot Thai Peanut Pasta features shrimp or chicken, noodles, vegetables, seasonings, and peanuts all cooked together in a light, creamy peanut sauce.
- One Pot Tortellini with Sausage:This Creamy One Pot Tortellini with Sausage is a delicious meal that whips up in less than 30 minutes. The seasonings in the sauce make it so flavorful!