This One Pot Thai Pasta features shrimp or chicken, noodles, vegetables, seasonings, and peanuts all cooked together in a light, creamy peanut sauce.
One Pot Thai Pasta
This One Pot Thai Pasta was a HIT. I love Thai food, but sometimes Thai recipes can be really complicated. This recipe took about a half an hour from start to finish and it tasted AMAZING. I love that when all is said and done, I only have to clean one pot (especially if we use paper plates, which does happen around here occasionally on busy weeknights). If you love one-pot meals, try out my other favorite: One-Pot Teriyaki Chicken Bowls.
Perfect Flavor Balance
This recipe is packed with veggies and the sauce is a perfect balance of spicy and sweet. If you want to add more spice, you can add a whole teaspoon of red pepper flakes, instead of a half. Also, if you are worried about using fish sauce, don’t be. It adds a good flavor to the sauce, but doesn’t taste fishy at all. If it really freaks you out, just use two tablespoons of soy sauce instead.
Are There Other Meat Options?
Yes! We chose to add shrimp to this recipe, but you could also add chicken or do a vegetarian version (no shrimp, no fish sauce, and vegetable broth instead of chicken broth). This recipe makes really good leftovers, but it does dry out a little bit. I added a little soy sauce and some sweet chili sauce before I popped it in the microwave and it was perfect!
More Great Thai Flavor
If you’re looking for eve more great Thai food, you will want to sample some of these:
- Two Minute Thai Peanut Noodles jazzes up ordinary Ramen noodles with just a couple of ingredients. So easy and cheap, you’ll be making them all the time.
- Thai Chicken Salad Wraps are everything you love in an Indian or Thai dish wrapped up in a tortilla. Perfect for summer lunches or picnics.
- Thai Chicken Enchiladas are filling, fresh, sweet, spicy and flavorful!
- Thai Coconut Soup is full of sweet coconut, tangy lime and tender chicken. You’ll love the bursts of sweet and savory in this soup.
How To Make One Pot Thai Pasta
- 16 oz linguine
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 3 green onions sliced
- 2 inches of ginger root sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 cup roasted salted peanuts chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 14 oz coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb cooked shrimp
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves
- 1 lime juiced
- In a large stock pot, combine all the ingredients except cilantro, lime, and shrimp.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When the pasta is cooked remove the slices of ginger.
- Add shrimp, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Mix well and serve.
- Garnish with peanuts, cilantro, lime juice, and/or sweet chili sauce.