This Creamy One Pot Tortellini with Sausage is a delicious meal that whips up in less than 30 minutes. The seasonings in the sauce make it so flavorful!
This One Pot Tortellini is a great meal for when you are in a hurry and need to get dinner on the table quick! Especially this time of year when the kids are back in school, I find myself always falling back on these types of dishes. This cooks up in less than 30 minutes and has everything you need in one pot.
You can use just broccoli as the vegetable in this dish or you can use a “garden mix” of veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots). We have also used squash, zucchini, onions and peppers. If you use onions and/or peppers, just saute them up with the sausage and add a little extra oil.. SO YUMMY. We have done this and added a little Cajun seasoning– oh my. You can be as creative as you need with this dish. I love the creaminess of the sauce. If you want to make it even cheesier, sprinkle some mozzarella over the top right before serving. If you are watching your calories, use fat-free cream cheese– there is so much flavor already in the dish, you will hardly be able to tell you used the fat free.
Creamy One-Pot Tortellini
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 Lb. smoked sausage sliced (I used a tasty smoked chicken sausage from Costco)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2-3 c. broccoli florets frozen broccoli works great
- 1/2 bag frozen tortellini appx 10oz.
- 1 14-15oz can petite diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 Tbsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/3 c. Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and saute until brown and slightly crispy on each side. Add garlic and saute another minute.
- Add broccoli, tortellini, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, basil and oregano.
- Bring to a simmer, cover, and simmer for appx. 7-8 minutes or until broccoli is cooked through.
- Add Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, and salt and pepper to taste, stir until well combined.
- When cream cheese has melted in, heat on LOW for another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.