This Zuppa Toscana Soup Olive Garden Copycat is actually better than the original! It has a creamy both base and is loaded with sausage and potatoes.
This Zuppa Toscana Soup Olive Garden Copycat is one of our favorite soups. It is the perfect for the cold days of fall and winter, but really it is great any time of the year. The soup is a creamy and hearty with a bit of a kick. If you like some heat in your soup, be generous with the red pepper flakes. If you prefer a more mild flavor, a little goes a long way. If you like Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana, you are going to love this (I think it tastes better than Olive Garden’s – it is more creamy and flavorful). This goes PERFECTLY with our Our Version of The Pizza Factory’s Breadtwists recipe.
Don’t be scared of the kale in this soup. It is so good cooked and really adds to the flavor and texture of the soup. It is one of my favorite parts. I love when I can get a spoonful of sausage, potato, and kale all in the same bite. This may be a weird family thing, but I also love crunching saltine crackers over this soup. Seriously, don’t knock it till you try it, it’s actually really good!
How to Make Our Version of Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana Soup
Zuppa Toscana Soup Olive Garden Copycat
- Crock Pot Slow Cooker
- 3 14 oz chicken broth
- 2 cups whipping cream
- red pepper flakes to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4-5 cups kale chopped
- 1 lb Johnsonville mild Italian ground sausage
- 3 to 4 medium potatoes scrubbed and cut into small slices
- Heat a fry pan to about medium heat. Shape the sausage into small rounds and brown stirring frequently.
- Then remove to a plate lined with paper towels to de-grease.
- Put everything except for the potatoes together in a large crockpot and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Add potatoes the last 40-60 minutes (if you add them too soon they will get too soft). Serve with breadsticks.
More Slow Cooker Soups to Try
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup: Chicken and Rice Soup warms you up on cold fall and winter days. It is also ideal for busy days. The ingredients go into the Slow Cooker in the morning and a nice, hot meal awaits in the evening.
- Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup: There are so many different vegetables in this Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup. It is very healthy and hearty.
- Slow Cooker Cheese Tortellini Soup: This Cheese Tortellini Soup is a flavorful, easy slow cooker meal. Tortellini, sausage, and spinach in a creamy tomato soup and slow cooked to perfection.
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup: This is one of the easiest soups you will ever make. It is filled with flavorful meat and vegetables. Everyone loves it!
- Our Version of Olive Garden’s Pasta E Fagioli Soup: This is another Olive Garden copycat soup recipe. It is an hearty, Italian seasoned soup that is also made in the Slow Cooker.