Our Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli Soup copycat recipe tastes just like the original. This hearty, Italian-seasoned soup is easily made in a slow cooker.
Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli Soup Copycat
This Pasta e Favioli Soup is one of our family’s most favorite cold weather meals. It reminds me of fall leaves, football season, sweaters and cozy fires. It’s my top choice at Olive Garden every time we go there to eat, so I decided to find a way to make it at home. This copycat recipe tastes exactly like the popular restaurant dish!
What is Pasta e Fagioli Soup?
This Italian soup literally means “pasta and beans” so that’s what you’ll find in this dish, along with ground beef, Italian seasonings in a rich tomato based broth. Pasta E Fagioli is very similar to another hearty favorite, minestrone. The difference between these two soups is minestrone uses several different veggies and Pasta e Fagioli features onion, celery and carrots for flavor, but no other vegetables.
Tips for Pasta e Fagioli Soup
- This recipe makes a LOT of soup (approximately 20, 1 cup servings) so it’s a terrific recipe for feeding a crowd or if you like leftovers for lunches. It’ll stay fresh in the refrigerator for about a week.
- This soup also freezes well, so store in freezer safe containers or Ziploc bags in the freezer for up to two months.
- Make sure to use a large crock pot, or feel free to cut the recipe in half.
- Pasta e Fagioli is delicious served with some crusty bread, our delicious Italian Cheesy Bread recipe, or one of my favorites, cornbread. Our Cake Mix Cornbread is goes perfectly with this soup.
More Slow Cooker Soups to Try
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup: Chicken and Rice Soup warms you up on cold fall and winter days. It is also ideal for busy days. The ingredients go into the Slow Cooker in the morning and a nice, hot meal awaits in the evening.
- Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup: There are so many different vegetables in this Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup. It is very healthy and hearty.
- Slow Cooker Cheese Tortellini Soup: This Cheese Tortellini Soup is a flavorful, easy slow cooker meal. Tortellini, sausage, and spinach in a creamy tomato soup and slow cooked to perfection.
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup: This is one of the easiest soups you will ever make. Full of flavorful meat and veggies, everyone loves it!
- Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana Soup: Many agree that this Zuppa Toscana Soup Olive Garden Copycat is actually better than the original, loaded with sausage and potatoes.
How to make Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli Soup Copycat
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 carrots shredded
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes undrained
- 16 ounces red kidney beans drained
- 16 ounces white kidney beans drained
- 4 cups beef stock
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 5 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoons tabasco sauce
- 20 ounces Prego traditional spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces Ditalini pasta
- Brown ground beef in large skillet. Drain fat.
- Add beef and all ingredients except the pasta into a large crock pot.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Before serving, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and add to soup.
- Serve with crusty bread, breadsticks, or cornbread.
- Crockpot Slow Cooker