Paprika Parmesan Crusted Chicken is so tender and flavorful it doesn’t need any kind of sauce. The crisp Parmesan baked crust could almost pass for fried chicken!
Paprika Parmesan Crusted Chicken
This Paprika Parmesan Crusted Chicken holds a special place in my heart; it was served at our wedding luncheon years ago. I remember having a little taste of it at the luncheon and wanted to dive face first in and finish mine and everyone’s around me, but refrained because I was wearing all white and didn’t want to burst out of my dress! Our family makes this dinner every year around our anniversary (my kids lovingly refer to it as “Anniversary Chicken”) and it’s a meal we always look forward to. We serve it with our Creamy Bowtie & Asparagus Pasta and it always brings me back to that happy day when I got married.
Easy Chicken Recipe
People are sometimes surprised at how simple this Paprika Parmesan Crusted Chicken is, because it is so packed with flavor and texture. It’s prepped in a matter of minutes and always turns out perfectly! Here’s all you need:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts. You can use boneless thighs too, if you wish.
- Parmesan cheese. I like to use the finely ground Parmesan cheese (like the kind you sprinkle over spaghetti) to coat the chicken, then sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan over the top as a garnish.
- Italian bread crumbs. You can also use Panko bread crumbs and add Italian seasoning.
- Melted butter. Rolling the chicken in butter will help give it that tasty fried chicken taste.
- Paprika. I love the beautiful red color and mild, sweet flavor that paprika adds to this Parmesan crusted chicken recipe.
Suggestions for Paprika Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- You can easily double or triple this recipe! I’ve made it for large family and church gatherings and it always gets devoured. You can make a lot and it stays well in warmers.
- To make it more “kid friendly” we sometimes cut the chicken into strips before breading and baking. The cheesy crust bakes up so crispy that it could almost pass for fried chicken!
- Don’t over bake! The chicken should bake up in 30 to 35 minutes until the juices run clear. Overcooking can make the chicken too dry.
What to Serve with this Recipe
- Creamed Peas and Potatoes
- Roasted Red Potatoes
- KFC Coleslaw Copycat
- Parmesan Garlic Grilled Potatoes
- Roasted Potatoes with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon
How to Make Paprika Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Combine Parmesan cheese with breadcrumbs. Dip chicken breast in melted butter. Roll in crumb mixture until completely coated. Place in baking dish and sprinkle generously with paprika. Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes @ 375 degrees - Do not overcook!