This Sizzler Malibu Chicken copycat recipe tastes even better than the popular restaurant dish! You’ll love the fresh, crispy chicken and tangy mustard sauce.
Sizzler Malibu Chicken
This Sizzler Malibu Chicken takes me right back to my childhood. Our dad would take us to Sizzler on special occasions, and this crisp chicken dinner is what we always ordered. As kids, it was a special treat to eat at Sizzler, however as adults it now takes us some convincing to go. I know now that the reason we loved Sizzler so much was because it was something special we shared with our father, not necessarily the food. So nowadays we make this fresh, yummy chicken dish and invite our dad over to our house. Best of both worlds!
A Homemade Version of a Sizzler Classic
- This version of the Sizzler Malibu Chicken is so delicious! For starters, we don’t use frozen chicken patties. It’s so easy to make your own breaded chicken with some Panko breadcrumbs, eggs and seasonings. Plus, this chicken is baked, not fried, so you can really keep the calories down with this recipe. It still comes out crispy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside. Perfection!
- The Creole mustard sauce is Emily’s creation that she uses for Cap’n Crunch Chicken. Sweet honey, spicy Dijon mustard yellow mustard and mayo gives this sauce a unique sweet flavor that tastes so much better than the plain mayo-mustard sauce that Sizzler uses.
- I like to use deli black forest ham, thinly sliced and purchased from my local meat counter. Any kind of ham will work great for this recipe.
- Top this chicken dish with a slice or two (or three, who’s counting?) of tangy Swiss cheese. It melts slightly over the ham and chicken and tastes absolutely scrumptious!
- Malibu chicken tastes so good the next day, sliced up on a bun for a sandwich. Just add some lettuce and tomatoes and slice the chicken into strips. So good!
More Tasty Chicken Recipes
Looking for more ways to dress up boring chicken? Try these favorite chicken recipes:
- Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Best Chicken Breast Recipes for Any Night of the Week
- Easy Apricot Chicken (Only 5 Ingredients)
- Grilled Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken
- Chicken Cordon Bleu
How to Make Sizzler Malibu Chicken
Sizzler Malibu Chicken Copycat Recipe
- 9×13 inch pan
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 chicken breast halves boneless & skinless
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 1 c. Panko bread crumbs Japanese bread crumbs
- 1 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- ½ Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. ground black pepper
- 4 slices black forest ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- CREOLE MUSTARD SACUE:
- 2 tablespoons Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Mix together the creole mustard sauce ingredients and refrigerate.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks with garlic. Place chicken and egg mixture in a large Ziploc bag, squeeze out all the air and seal tightly. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight if possible.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt butter and pour into bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Mix together the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Dip marinated chicken in crumb mixture. Place coated chicken in baking dish, and pour remaining egg mixture over the top.
- Bake for 15 min on each side or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Top each piece of chicken with ham and slice of Swiss cheese. Place back in the oven for about 5 min or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and serve with Creole Mustard Sauce.
- These also make GREAT sandwiches or wraps the next day, just cut it into strips.