Growing up, we loved getting the Malibu Chicken from Sizzler. Our homemade version is just as good, if not better, than the original!
When we were little we always considered it a treat to go to Sizzler. My Dad would take us there on special occasions. As kids, we all loved Sizzler… but now, it takes some convincing to go. I know now that the reason we loved Sizzler so much was because it was something special we shared with our Dad… not the food. When we went, I would always order the Malibu chicken.
I loved it then but now I think my version is much much better (for starters I don’t use frozen chicken patties). The sauce is Emily’s creation that she uses for Cap’n Crunch Chicken. It tastes so much better than the plain mayo-mustard sauce that Sizzler uses. Anyway, this recipe is for you, Dad. Thanks for always making us feel special and taking us on dates to Sizzler. 🙂
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 chicken breast halves boneless & skinless
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 1 c. Panko bread crumbs Japanese bread crumbs
- 1 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- ½ Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. ground black pepper
- 4 slices black forest ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- CREOLE MUSTARD SACUE:
- 2 tablespoons Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Mix together the creole mustard sauce ingredients and refrigerate.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks with garlic. Place chicken and egg mixture in a large Ziploc bag, squeeze out all the air and seal tightly. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight if possible.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt butter and pour into bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Mix together the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Dip marinated chicken in crumb mixture. Place coated chicken in baking dish, and pour remaining egg mixture over the top.
- Bake for 15 min on each side or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Top each piece of chicken with ham and slice of Swiss cheese. Place back in the oven for about 5 min or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and serve with Creole Mustard Sauce.
- These also make GREAT sandwiches or wraps the next day, just cut it into strips.
- 9x13 inch pan