These Peach Cinnamon Rolls are a heavenly twist on a traditional breakfast roll. Such a great way to enjoy peach season for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack.
Peach Cinnamon Rolls
With peach season in full-swing right, I have been trying to get creative with my peach recipes. I have been craving cinnamon rolls lately and came up with the idea of combining some of my fresh peaches with cinnamon rolls… um… yes. May I present to you ooey, gooey, creamy, fruity Peach Cinnamon Rolls. Seriously, they turned out better than I was hoping. I am telling you, this is heaven in every delicious creamy, gooey bite. You will be wishing that peach season was never-ending. These make for an awesome breakfast, afternoon treat, or even dessert. No matter how or when you serve them, they will be a huge hit!
Serve Them on the Side
If you are looking to round out this delicious roll as part of a full breakfast, we have several great options for you to consider. Pair up a few of these for a fabulous brunch. And let us know how it all works out.
- Easy Breakfast Casserole is a show stopper when feeding a crowd. Light yet filling, easy yet beautiful, this is the perfect breakfast or brunch dish.
- Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole is perfect for busy mornings. Tender potatoes, fluffy eggs and savory sausage cook up overnight in the slow cooker. Delicious!
- Slow Cooker Ham with Maple and Brown Sugar is a favorite for holidays, Sundays, brunch and more. Never dry, always flavorful. Trust us, it will be a hit!
How To Make Peach Cinnamon Rolls
For the cinnamon/peach filling:
- In small bowl, combine water, yeast and sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Warm milk in microwave for 2 minutes. In a large bowl or heavy mixer combine milk, softened butter, salt and sugar. Mix together until butter is melted.
- Add eggs one at a time and 3 cups flour. Mix for 2 minutes.
- Add yeast mixture and 2 cups flour. Mix well. Let dough sit for 10 minutes. If using a standing mixer, now is the time to change to a dough hook.
- Continue to mix while slowly adding remaining 2 1/2 cups flour. Dough will start pulling away from the sides of the bowl, but is still quite sticky. Beat 3 more minutes.
- Coat another large bowl with 2 tablespoons oil. Take dough out of mixing bowl and place in oiled bowl, turning over once to coat each side.
- Place clean towel over bowl and let raise in a warm spot for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, put dough out onto floured surface. Knead by hand, adding a little flour if needed. DO NOT USE TOO MUCH FLOUR! You want dough to remain very soft!
- With rolling pin, roll dough into a rectangle shape about the size of a jelly roll pan (11x15 inch) and 1/2 inch thick. Melt 1/3 cup butter in microwave for 30 seconds or until just melted. Spread over dough. Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar and 3/4 cup brown sugar over butter.
- Arrange peach slices evenly over the dough and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon and almonds (optional).
- Roll up starting with the long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 1 inch rolls and place on greased cookie sheet. Cover and let rise another 45 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 16-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before frosting.
For the frosting:
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, butter, almond extract and vanilla until smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached. Spread over warm cinnamon rolls.
- Cookie Sheet Pan