With peach season in full-swing right, I have been trying to get creative with my peach recipes. I have been craving cinnamon rolls lately and came up with the idea of combining some of my fresh peaches with cinnamon rolls… um… yes. May I present to you ooey, gooey, creamy, fruity Peaches and Cream Cinnamon Rolls. Seriously, they turned out better than I was hoping. I am telling you, this is heaven in every delicious creamy, gooey bite. You will be wishing that peach season was never-ending. These make for an awesome breakfast, afternoon treat, or even dessert. No matter how or when you serve them, they will be a huge hit!
Peaches and Cream Cinnamon Rolls
- In small bowl, combine water, yeast and sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Warm milk in microwave for 2 minutes. In a large bowl or heavy mixer combine milk, softened butter, salt and sugar. Mix together until butter is melted.
- Add eggs one at a time and 3 cups flour. Mix for 2 minutes.
- Add yeast mixture and 2 c. flour. Mix well. Let dough sit for 10 minutes. (If using a standing mixer...now is the time to change to a dough hook!)
- Continue to mix while slowly adding remaining 2 1/2 c. flour. Dough will start pulling away from the sides of the bowl, but is still quite sticky. Beat 3 more minutes.
- Coat another large bowl with 2 T. oil. Take dough out of mixing bowl and place in oiled bowl, turning over once to coat each side.
- Place clean towel over bowl and let raise in a warm spot for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, put dough out onto floured surface. Knead by hand, adding a little flour if needed. DO NOT USE TOO MUCH FLOUR! You want dough to remain very soft!
- With rolling pin, roll dough into a rectangle shape about the size of a jelly roll pan (11x15 inch) and 1/2 inch thick. Melt 1/3 c. butter in microwave for 30 seconds or until just melted. Spread over dough. Sprinkle 1/4 c. sugar and 3/4 c. brown sugar over butter.
- Arrange peach slices evenly over the dough and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon and almonds (optional).
- Roll up starting with the long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 1 inch rolls and place on greased cookie sheet. Cover and let rise another 45 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 16-20 min. or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before frosting.
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, butter, almond extract and vanilla until smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar until desired consistency. Spread over warm cinnamon rolls.