Slow Cooker Ham sweetened with maple and brown sugar is a favorite for holidays, Sundays and more! Never dry, always flavorful, always a hit.
Slow Cooker Ham with Maple and Brown Sugar
Christmas and Easter dinners wouldn’t be complete without a succulent ham. Dripping with maple and brown sugar glaze, this ham is slow cooked in the Crock Pot and always turns out perfect! Sometimes if I can get a ham on a good sale, I will make a ham for Sunday dinner and then we can make lots of different meals throughout the week with the leftovers (more on that below– we have lots of great leftover ideas)! This slow cooker ham seriously can’t be beat. The flavor is so sweet and savory, you will never want to use the included flavor packet again!
The Best Maple Syrup for Slow Cooker Ham
For this recipe I love using REAL maple syrup. It adds such a rich, maple flavor that is hard to beat. Of course the real stuff is quite expensive, so if you want to use your typical Mrs. Butterworth’s (or any regular breakfast maple syrup), that’s ok too. Don’t skimp on the syrup. If you feel like you need to add a little extra, I won’t blame you. Follow your heart. 😉
Best Side Dishes to Serve with Slow Cooker Ham
Wanting to make this slow cooker spiral ham but need some side dish ideas? I’ve got ya covered. We almost always serve this ham with our Cheesy Potato Casserole (aka Funeral Potatoes) but it is also VERY good with Parmesan Potato Halves or Dauphinoise Potatoes (scalloped potatoes). You can also serve with a salad (I love making our Christmas Salad, especially), Sautéed Peas, or even Creamy Potatoes and Peas. You can’t go wrong with any of these ideas for sides!
Best Leftover Recipes for Ham
Chop up leftover slow cooker spiral ham and use it in omelets, breakfast casseroles, or breakfast sandwiches. So many possibilities! You can make so many meals from just one ham! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Mom’s Bacon n’ Corn Chowder (just add ham)
- Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup.
- Slow Cooker Au Gratin Potatoes and Ham
- Restaurant-Style Ham Fried Rice.
- Apple Ham and Cheddar Melts
How to Make Slow Cooker Ham
- Remove ham from packaging and place in a large (7+ quart) slow cooker. Discard flavor packet (if any).
- Place ham flat-side down in slow cooker.
- Generously rub with brown sugar all over ham.
- Pour maple syrup and pineapple juice over the ham.
- Add lid and cook for 2-3 hours on low heat.
- Spoon juices over the ham and cook on low for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove ham from slow cooker and serve!
- Crock Pot Slow Cooker