Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole is perfect for busy mornings! Tender potatoes, fluffy eggs, and savory sausage cook up overnight in the slow cooker. Delicious!
Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole
This Crock pot Breakfast Casserole is my go-to when I have overnight company. The eggs cook up light and fluffy all around the ingredients, so it’s basically a giant omelette once it’s all baked. This breakfast casserole is so easy to whip up the night before and then let the slow cooker do the work while we all sleep. Then guests are greeted to fragrant breakfast smells first thing in the morning and you get all the credit for serving a delicious breakfast. It’s so great for Christmas Eve, busy Sunday mornings or anytime you want a big family breakfast but don’t want all the fuss.
Tips for Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole
- If your crock pot cooks hot or if you have an oval one (like the one pictured above) it may only take six hours on low. So you may have to stay up a little late the night before to start the cooking process. But if you’re like me, it’s way easier to stay up late and visit with company than it is to wake up early and make a big breakfast.
- If you want to swap out sausage links for bacon, crumbled turkey sausage, diced ham or any other meat, by all means! Or add them all together for a meatier dish. Anything goes!
- You can also add diced green or red peppers, onions, pepper jack cheese, jalapenos, chopped spinach leaves, anything you want! That’s the beauty of this recipe; it’s so versatile you can make it your own with any number of ingredients.
- Try topping this casserole with salsa, sour cream, cilantro, diced tomatoes, green onions or more cheese!
What to Serve with Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole
This casserole is a terrific all-in-one dish, so you could serve it alone with some toppings and a side of fruit. Or pair it with our Make Ahead Breakfast Parfaits, our rich Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake or a batch of the BEST Blueberry Muffins.
More Breakfast Recipes
Try a few more of our favorite recipes for your next breakfast or brunch!
- Easy Breakfast Casserole
- California Breakfast Casserole
- Yogurt Pancakes with Homemade Syrup
- Breakfast Monte Cristos
- Best Breakfast Burritos
How to Make Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole
- Brown sausage links in skillet until cooked through and cut into pieces. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs together with milk. Add salt and pepper.
- Stir in cut up sausage, potatoes o'brien, tomato, and cheese.
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray and pour egg mixture in.
- Cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours. The oval crock pots like the one shown may cook faster than the typical round crock pots. Try to aim for the 6 hour mark if using one like this.
- Optional: Top with sour cream, salsa, cilantro, avocado slices, diced tomatoes, and/or diced onions.
- Crock Pot Slow Cooker