Easy Breakfast Casserole is a show stopper when feeding a crowd. Light yet filling, easy yet beautiful, this is the perfect breakfast or brunch dish!
Easy Breakfast Casserole
Breakfast is one of those meals that often gets overlooked. It’s such a shame, because there are so many delicious ways to kick start your morning! This easy Breakfast Casserole comes together in just minutes and is filling but not too heavy. Serve with a side of fruit and you have yourself a nutritious morning meal.
I love a recipe that doesn’t call for elaborate or excessive amounts of ingredients. Who wants to get all complicated first thing in the morning, right? This breakfast casserole uses wholesome ingredients like eggs, hash browns, any kind of breakfast meat you like, and cheese. After that, you can dress up this casserole a million different ways. Red peppers, broccoli, onions, tomatoes, sour cream, salsa, green onions, and zucchini are some of our favorite ingredients to add to our recipe. Enjoy experimenting and see what your family likes.
How to Bake Breakfast Casserole
Once you’ve mixed all your favorite breakfast ingredients together, pour into a greased baking pan, pop it in the oven and bake uncovered for about 45 minutes to an hour until the middle of the casserole is set. If you see that the edges are browning faster than the middle, you can add some tin foil around the edges to keep it from burning. Another way to avoid burning is to turn down the temperature of the oven and allow the casserole to cook a little longer.
If you want to avoid baking in the oven, we have a delicious Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole. Making a breakfast casserole in the crock pot is genius! You can throw in the ingredients the night before, and in the morning you’ll have a healthy, nourishing breakfast waiting. The whole family will love it!
Suggestions for this Recipe:
- Breakfast Casserole freezes beautifully, so you can make it ahead of time and store for up to two months. There’s something so comforting about knowing there’s a healthy breakfast option in the freezer, just waiting to be heated and served.
- Reheating is also super easy! Make sure to thaw it in the refrigerator overnight, then bake for about 20 minutes until heated through.
- Leftover breakfast casserole makes for a quick and delicious breakfast, lunch or even supper the next day! If you keep it tightly covered, the casserole will stay nice and fresh in the fridge for about four days.
- Any type of frozen potato will work for this recipe. We love adding shredded hash browns, but it’s delicious with diced hash browns too. And if you have regular russets on hand, use them! Just make sure to slice or dice them nice and thin before assembling your casserole.
- Serve this breakfast casserole with a side of fruit and our rich and savory Biscuits and Sausage Gravy for a hearty breakfast that everyone will love.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, right? Whether it’s sweet or savory you crave, start your morning with one or two of these nourishing, hearty meals and you’ll feel great about your day!
- California Breakfast Casserole
- Yogurt Pancakes with Homemade Syrup
- The Best Breakfast Burrito
- Peaches & Cream Oatmeal Smoothie
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- Omelette in a Bag
How to Make Easy Breakfast Casserole
Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- ½ pound cooked bacon ham, or breakfast sausage (or any combination of the three)
- chopped veggies We like to use broccoli & tomatoes. You can also do red peppers and onion if you want even more flavor.
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (1 pound package) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, beat eggs and milk. Stir in all other ingredients.
- Put in greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 45-55 min or until well set. Serve topped with salsa.