Orange Creamsicle Pancakes with Orange Syrup have all the flavors of a dreamsicle pop! Orange infused pancakes with sweet cream filling, topped with tangy orange syrup. YUM!
Orange Creamsicle Pancakes
I would have these Orange Creamsicle Pancakes every day for breakfast if I could. It tastes just like one of those frozen orange creamsicle pops that my kids love so much. Vibrantly flavored with tangy orange juice, these pancakes are light and fluffy and sandwiched with a rich sweet, creamy filling. But the best part of all is our Aunt Lana’s famous tangy orange syrup! It’s always such a special treat when we make these orange pancakes, whether we’re celebrating a birthday or just in the mood for something sweet and tangy. We even make it for dinner often! There are a lot of steps in the recipe card below, but don’t let that scare you. These pancakes are actually really simple to make and are completely worth the extra effort!
Suggestions for Fluffy Pancakes
- I made this recipe the quick and easy way with a pancake mix for my base, but if you have the time I highly recommend making your pancakes from scratch, using our fabulous fluffy homemade pancake recipe. But if you want to get breakfast on the table faster, any kind of pancake mix works beautifully.
- When mixing your pancake batter, be sure to use orange juice instead of water to give the pancakes a nice light orange flavor.
- Little lumps are okay! Mix the batter until just combined. The lumps will cook out on the griddle and make for lighter, fluffier pancakes.
- I love to use butter instead of cooking spray when cooking the pancakes for an extra golden color and a deeper flavor.
- Cooking for a crowd? Invest in an electric griddle, which I have found to be the easiest way to get a lot of pancakes cooked in a short amount of time.
Let’s Talk About that Sweet Cream Filling
This cream filling is a delectable cheater recipe. It is so much easier than making a cream filling with eggs, that has to be cooked and tempered just right. The heavy whipping cream combined with instant pudding mix and powdered sugar tastes like frosting that melts slightly in between two hot orange pancakes. It’s heavenly, and I could not stop sneaking tastes while preparing this dish.
Aunt Lana’s Orange Syrup
Top this whole breakfast off with the orange syrup that inspired the whole recipe! All you need are three simple ingredients: orange juice concentrate, some sugar and butter. That’s it. Stir all the ingredients together and bring to a boil until the sugar is all dissolved. Remove from the heat and allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving. This syrup settles over these orange flavored pancakes and creamy filling perfectly. I could drink this syrup plain, but don’t tell anyone I said that.
What to Serve with these Pancakes
This recipe tastes delicious all on its own with a side of bacon or sausage, or you can pair it with some of our favorite breakfast recipes for an absolutely mouthwatering and filling brunch.
- California Breakfast Casserole
- Easy Breakfast Casserole
- Peaches and Cream Oatmeal Smoothie
- Omelette in a Bag
- How to Make Hash Browns the Right Way
- Make Ahead Breakfast Parfaits
How to make Orange Creamsicle Pancakes
For the Cream Filling:
For the Pancakes:
- Mix together the pancake mix and orange juice and cook on a griddle over medium heat till golden on both sides.
For the Cream Filling:
- In a large mixer, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. It should be very thick.
- Whip in the powdered sugar, then the instant pudding. Add 2 Tbsp of milk to make the consistency a little more creamy.
For the Orange Syrup:
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to a boil stirring occasionally, remove from heat and serve.
- Sandwich a large dollop of the prepared vanilla cream between two prepared pancakes then drizzle orange syrup over the top.
- Electric Griddle
- Kitchenaid Mixer