There are no words to describe how decadent, how delicious this Pumpkin Cheesecake with Praline Pecan Topping is. This recipe takes three of my favorite holiday desserts and combines them into one: pumpkin pie, cheesecake, and pecan pie.
Why make three separate holiday desserts when you can make one, extra delicious dessert? It really doesn’t get much better than this when you want to splurge on an incredibly delicious dessert. A great thing about this Pumpkin Cheesecake is that it is so rich that one little slice will suffice. You will be able to feed at least 12-14 people with this.
Special from Bottom to Top
The crust is my new favorite way to make a graham cracker crust: with pecans and coconut added to it makes the perfect crust even MORE perfect! It gives this dessert even more delicious flavor. I love the added crunch in the crust from the pecans and the added flavor from the coconut. If you don’t love coconut, you can leave it out and just had an extra 1/2 cup of graham crackers.
The caramel topping recipe alone on this Pumpkin Cheesecake is one of my favorite things EVER. Put it on ice cream and it will change your world forever. You can also add more (1/2 c. or so) of evaporated milk and use it over pancakes. You won’t be sorry! It is so good I could eat it straight out of the pan with a spoon. It is rich and buttery and the best caramel topping you will ever have. It is much better than anything you can get in a can or a bottle. It’s a little extra work, but it is definitely worth the effort.
If You’re Into Pumpkin
When it comes to favorite fall flavors, pumpkin definitely tops the list. If this recipe gets you in the mood for even more pumpkin, you might give our Yummy Pumpkin Eclair Cake a try. Or sample this Pumpkin Dip with Gingersnaps. It’ll turn your pumpkin dessert experience inside out.
How To Make Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees. In medium bowl, combine crumbs, sugar, pecans, and coconut. Add melted butter and mix until all crumbs become moist with butter. Press down flat into a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin puree, eggs, egg yolk, sour cream, sugar and the spices. Add flour and vanilla. Beat together until well combined.
- Pour into crust. Spread out evenly and place in oven for 15 mintues, then reduce heat to 350-degrees and bake for 45 minutes (you may have to bake longer depending on elevation... just keep an eye on it). Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- In heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt 3 Tbsp. butter. Add pecans and cook 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat and place pecans in separate bowl. Set aside. Using the same saucepan, melt remaining 4 Tbsp. butter.
- Whisk in brown sugar, flour and corn syrup until thoroghly blended. Cook on high for 6-8 minutes until sugar is dissolved and sauce thickens. Remove from heat and let stand 2 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk and pecans and allow to cool and thicken (about an hour).
- Once sauce thickens spoon over cheesecake and serve with whipped cream.
- 9 inch springform pan