Pumpkin Eclair Cake is like a cross between pumpkin cheesecake and eclairs. One of the EASIEST, and most delicious, fall dessert recipes you will ever make!
Pumpkin Eclair Cake
This Pumpkin Eclair Cake is the perfect fall dessert. It has all of the flavor of pumpkin pie with a creamier and lighter texture. Run to the grocery store right now and pick up some pumpkin spice instant pudding mix, because it is only available for a little while and it disappears off the shelf FAST! I especially like this cake as an early fall dessert because it is a chilled cake and some of these “fall” days are still pretty warm
This dessert is called an eclair cake because you refrigerate it overnight. This softens the graham crackers and gives them more of a pastry texture. Eclair cakes typically have a thicker frosting, but I wanted to incorporate white chocolate, so I made more of a glaze. I love how it turned out because it doesn’t overpower the pumpkin flavor like a thicker chocolate frosting would have.
Tips for Making Eclair Cake
To melt the white chocolate chips, I put them in a glass bowl with a little bit of canola oil and put the bowl over a pot of simmering water. One really important thing to remember when covering the cake is to make sure that the plastic wrap or tin foil does NOT touch the top of the cake. If it sticks to the frosting, it will pull up the top layer of graham crackers when you take it off.
More Pumpkin Recipes
If you are in the mood for more pumpkin treats, try out these delicious pumpkin recipes.
- Pumpkin Drop Cookies – With only 3 ingredients, these cookies are quick and easy to make.
- Pumpkin Steamers – This pumpkin drink with warm you on a cold, autumn day. The drink is rich and creamy with flavors of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Coffee Cake – This delicious coffee cake has a cream cheese layer and crumb topping that is out of this world. It’s perfect for a breakfast, brunch, snack, or dessert.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse Cups – A smooth and creamy mousse that is simple to make, but looks elegant and tastes heavenly!
- Pumpkin Cobbler – This is a traditional fall dessert at our house. A creamy pumpkin pie like layer is topped with a crunchy, buttery, crust. It is incredible served warm with homemade whipped topping or vanilla ice cream.
How to Make Pumpkin Eclair Cake
Pumpkin Eclair Cake
- In a 9×13 pan, cover bottom with one layer of graham crackers (whole).
- Mix pudding and milk and beat for 2 minutes on medium. Gently fold in Cool Whip.
- Pour half of the mixture over the graham crackers and cover with a second layer of graham crackers.
- Pour remaining pudding mixture over the top and cover with another layer of graham crackers. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Combine remaining ingredients to make frosting. Beat until smooth.
- Pour over graham crackers and refrigerate overnight.
- Optional: Lightly sprinkle the top of the cake with cinnamon before serving.