I love these Easy Mint Oreo Truffles. They are so cute and dainty and they make the perfect gift… and what I love the most about these chocolate truffles is that a little bit of work goes a LONG way.
With this ONE batch I was able to give away 4 medium-sized boxes of chocolates and I still had plenty left for my family to go to town on. It looks like these took me forever to do, but trust me, they were a snap. It is amazing how a little melted white chocolate makes these easy little truffles look extra fancy. The last time I bought truffles I spent $12 for 6 truffles… TOTAL. Yes, you read that right 6 truffles, $12. I made these truffles (about 50) for about $7… and they tasted just as good as the mint boxed ones I bought. If I were to buy that many truffles, that would be around $100! Talk about bigtime savings… plus it will mean more to whomever you give them to because you made them yourself. You can’t lose here.
I want to thank my very good friend, Brittanny, for giving me this recipe. She actually made these for me a couple weeks ago and I couldn’t get enough of them… I just had to get the recipe to put on here for all of you! Thanks Britt 🙂
Tips for Dipping Your Mint Oreo Truffles: Get a plastic for and break off the two center prongs (see picture below). This will make it easier to place the chocolates on the wax paper. To dip, place a chocolate ball gently on top of the prongs. Dip into the chocolate until the entire ball is covered in chocolate. Lift the ball out of the chocolate and tap the fork on the side of the bowl, making any excess chocolate drip back into the bowl. Place the fork prongs flat onto the wax sheet causing the ball to be released from the fork. Gently slide the fork out from under the ball (sometimes it takes a little effort to get the ball off.. you might have to wiggle the fork out from under it or if you must, you can use a toothpick to help you slide the ball off).
Other Valentines Recipes:
This recipe is one of our favorite Valentine treats! To get the full list of our Valentine favorites be sure to check out VALENTINE TREATS FOR SOMEONE SWEET. We have all kinds of yummy recipes that are perfect for Valentines Day, like cakes and cookies and chocolates!
- 1 pkg 1 Lb. 2 oz Mint Oreo Cookies
- 1 pkg 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 Lbs. milk chocolate you can use 3-4 (7oz bricks of Hershey's chocolate or you can get fancy chocolate from a candy store... I just used Hershey's chocolate to dip these ones and they turned out great)
- 4 oz. white chocolate bark optional for decorating
- Crush cookies until crumbs in food processor. Place crumbs to medium-sized bowl, add softened cream cheese and mix by hand until blended. Roll into 1/2" to 1" balls (I used a little melon-baller). Place on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Break chocolate into pieces and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time at 30-40% power, stirring each time. When chocolate is melted, remove chocolate balls from freezer and dip into the chocolate using a plastic fork with the center prongs broken off (see pic below). Place dipped chocolates back on the wax paper and refrigerate until chocolate is set. If you are not eating immediately, place chocolates in an airtight container lined with wax paper and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Optional: to decorate, melt white chocolate just as you did the milk chocolate above. Place melted chocolate in a small Ziploc bag and cut off the very bottom tip of the bag (make a VERY tiny cut). Gently press chocolate through the hole to create lines or designs over the chocolate truffles.