Slow Cooker Molten Chocolate and Caramel Cake magically becomes a layer of chocolate cake over a warm, gooey, chocolate filling. A chocolate lover’s dream!
I am in love with this Slow Cooker Molten Chocolate and Caramel Cake. When finished cooking, the top will become a layer of chocolate cake, and underneath will be a gooey, chocolate caramel sauce. I don’t even know how to describe how delicious it is. Every bite is warm, rich, creamy, and chocolatey. I like to serve this up warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. It also tastes great with some homemade whipped topping.
The ease and convenience of this recipe are a big bonus. Clean up is a breeze! The ingredients are layered in the slow cooker lined with parchment paper. You could also use a slow cooker liner. This keeps the sides from burning. If you have a slow cooker that tends to burn in one spot, you can place some aluminum foil under the parchment paper in that spot. The mess can all be crumpled up and thrown away when you are done.
This cake slow cooks for 3 hours. I like the convenience of being able to prepare this cake ahead and time it so we are ready for dessert right when the 3 hours are up. This also makes it a great dessert to have for hosting a shower, book club, or Bunco night. The whole house smells amazing while it is cooking. Everyone is eagerly anticipating eating it because of the aroma in the house! Who needs scented candles when you can have a molten chocolate cake slowly cooking?
More Chocolate Cake Recipes
If you love chocolate cake as much as we all do, you’ve also got to try these amazing chocolate cake recipes!
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Nothing Bundt Cake – A rich, moist, and delicious chocolate cake that tastes just like the cake you can buy from the Nothing Bundt Cake store.
- Carnival Cruise Warm Melting Cake– Have you tried the Carnival Cruise Line Warm Chocolate Melting Cake? If you’ve been on a Carnival Cruise, you know how amazing it is. If not, you can indulge in this decadent chocolate melting cake at home.
- Flourless Chocolate Cake– This Flourless Chocolate Cake is by far the easiest version I have ever made and it tastes just as good as more difficult recipes. It is light and decadent and has a rich chocolate flavor. And spread over the top is a silky smooth chocolate ganache.
- Chocolate Pudding Cake– This Chocolate Pudding Cake is probably the easiest chocolate cake recipe out there. There are only 4 ingredients!
- Better Than You Know What Cake – Turn a basic chocolate cake mix into a decadent dessert. A chocolate cake filled with sweet, caramel filling and topped with toffee bars.
Slow Cooker Molten Chocolate and Caramel Cake magically becomes a layer of chocolate cake over a warm, gooey, chocolate filling. A chocolate lover's dream!
- 1 3.9 oz instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 c. milk
- 1 bag Rolo mini candies unwrapped
- Cut out a large piece of parchment paper and place it in your slow cooker on low heat, then lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Mix together the cake mix, milk, oil, and eggs for the first layer and beat for two minutes. Pour into the parchment paper in the slow cooker.
- Mix together the instant pudding and milk and beat for two minutes, then carefully and evenly pour the pudding over the cake layer in the slow cooker- but DO NOT MIX IT IN!
- Carefully arrange a layer or Rolo mini candies over the top of that, but DO NOT MIX IT IN!
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low for about 3 hours, cooking time will vary depending on your slow cooker. Cake is ready when a toothpick placed in the center half way down comes out clean.
- When finished cooking, the top will become a layer of chocolate cake, and underneath will be a gooey, chocolate caramel sauce.
- Spoon into individual bowls, and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.