This Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake is so easy to make! It is light and decadent with rich chocolate flavor and a smooth chocolate ganache.
This Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake is by far the most simple version of a flourless cake I have ever made, and it tastes just as good as more difficult recipes. It is light and decadent and has a rich chocolate flavor. The top layer of the cake is a silky smooth chocolate ganache.
I love getting flourless chocolate cake at restaurants. It is one of my go to desserts since I discovered I have a gluten allergy and have been eating gluten free. I figured it was about time I learned how to make my own. I have been frustrated by the complicated steps in most flourless chocolate cake recipes. Most recipes require the cakes to be baked in water baths and all kinds of crazy things. So I finally came up with this version that is easier than anything else I have found. It’s not only easier, it tastes better than the more complex versions! Yay!
You still need to give the cake plenty of time to cool so plan accordingly if you are planning to serve this at a certain time. I would give yourself at least 30 minutes to bring it to room temperature and add the ganache topping. It then needs at least 3 hours in the fridge to chill, but longer is better. I like to make this the night before I need it and let it refrigerate overnight.
Some people prefer a light coffee flavor to their flourless chocolate cake but I definitely prefer mine with a hint of almond flavor. It makes the cake taste amazing! I also like mine with a little chocolate or raspberry syrup. Don’t forget a sprinkle of powdered sugar and fresh raspberries.
This Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake is naturally gluten free, it isn’t overloaded with sugar, and is also high in protein! If you divide the cake into 8 servings, there are 6 grams of protein per serving. It is definitely one of the healthier options if you are deciding on a dessert.
More Healthy Recipes
Check out all our healthy recipes on our LIGHT and TASTY Swimsuit Friendly Recipes post. There’s Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack, and even Dessert ideas!
How to make Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake
Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat the eggs with a stand or electric mixer until they are thick and fluffy and a light yellow color. This step is really important! You need to beat for several minutes on high for the eggs to get fluffy enough.
Melt better in a separate, covered, microwave safe bowl in the microwave then immediately add the chocolate chips. Stir until the chocolate chips completely melt (microwaving again in small increments if necessary) leaving a smooth chocolate.
- While still mixing, slowly add the chocolate to the whipped eggs until completely combined. Then use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides and finish mixing in.
- Stir in the almond extract.
- Prepare an 8 inch round cake pan by thoroughly buttering the bottom and sides. I like to take this one more step and cut out a round piece of parchment paper for the bottom and a long strip to line the inner side of the pan and butter those also.
- Pour the batter into the 8 inch round cake pan.
- Bake at 325 for 30 to 35 minutes or until a light touch to the center doesn't feel like liquid underneath.
- Remove cake from oven and let it stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before adding the ganache topping. (see below).
- After you have added the ganache, chill the cake in the fridge for at least 3 hours (the longer the better) before serving.
- Optional: sprinkle on some powdered sugar, fresh raspberries, or drizzle on some chocolate or raspberry syrup.
- Once the flourless chocolate cake has cooled you can make the ganache. In a microwave safe bowl add the 1/4 c. heavy cream and microwave on high for about 1 minute, or until the cream just begins to boil on the edges of the bowl. Remove and immediately add the chocolate chips. Stir until the chocolate chips completely melt (microwaving again in small increments if necessary) leaving a creamy chocolate.
- Spread evenly over the top of the cake, leaving a small rim around the outer crust.
Please note that this cake needs time to chill in the fridge for 3 hours. Plan accordingly.
More Chocolate Cake Recipes for Chocolate Lovers!
- Carnival Cruise Warm Melting Cake– Have you tried the Carnival Cruise Line Warm Chocolate Melting Cake? If you’ve been on a Carnival Cruise, you know how amazing it is. If not, you can indulge in this decadent chocolate melting cake at home.
- Chocolate Pudding Cake– This Chocolate Pudding Cake is probably the easiest chocolate cake recipe out there. There are only 4 ingredients!
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Nothing Bundt Cake – A rich, moist, and delicious chocolate cake that tastes just like the cake you can buy from the Nothing Bundt Cake store.
- Better Than You Know What Cake – Turn a basic chocolate cake mix into a decadent dessert. A chocolate cake filled with sweet, caramel filling and topped with toffee bars.
- Slow Cooker Molten Chocolate and Caramel Cake – Chocolate Cake in a Slow Cooker! A warm chocolate cake with a rich pudding filling. A chocolate lover’s dream!