Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake is an elegant, simple dessert! Rich and decadent, yet light and smooth. A chocolate lover’s dream!
Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake
This Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe is by far the easiest version of a flourless cake I have ever made, but it tastes just as delectable and divine as more difficult recipes. The fudgy cake is topped with a silky smooth chocolate ganache that is sinfully sweet, yet light enough to not weigh you down or make you feel too stuffed. Just a delicious way to end a beautiful meal!
Tips for Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Most flourless chocolate cake recipes can be frustrating with complicated instructions or ingredients. But with this recipe you can follow the recipe card below for simple, easy to follow steps and end up with a gorgeous dessert that makes it look like you spent hours in the kitchen.
- Make sure to allow yourself plenty of time when making this cake. It’s easy to make but still requires plenty of cooling time. Plan on at least thirty minutes to bring your cake to room temperature and add the ganache topping. Then it needs at least three hours in the fridge to chill, but longer is better! I like to make this the night before and let it refrigerate overnight, so it’s perfectly ready to serve.
- Some people enjoy a light coffee flavor to their flourless chocolate cake but I prefer mine with a hint of almond flavor. It adds another delicious dimension to the dessert. Give it a try!
- We love to serve this cake with fresh raspberries, but you could top it with blackberries, kiwi, strawberries, or any kind of fruit you like. I also like mine with a little chocolate or raspberry syrup. Don’t forget a sprinkle of powdered sugar!
- This Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake is naturally gluten free, it isn’t overloaded with sugar, and is also high in protein! If you divide the cake into 8 servings, there are 6 grams of protein per serving. It is definitely one of the healthier options if you are deciding on a dessert.
More Chocolate Cake Recipes for Chocolate Lovers!
- Carnival Cruise Warm Melting Cake– Have you tried the Carnival Cruise Line Warm Chocolate Melting Cake? If you’ve been on a Carnival Cruise, you know how amazing it is. If not, you can indulge in this decadent chocolate melting cake at home.
- Chocolate Pudding Cake– This Chocolate Pudding Cake is probably the easiest chocolate cake recipe out there. There are only 4 ingredients!
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Nothing Bundt Cake – A rich, moist, and delicious chocolate cake that tastes just like the cake you can buy from the Nothing Bundt Cake store.
- Better Than You Know What Cake – Turn a basic chocolate cake mix into a decadent dessert. A chocolate cake filled with sweet, caramel filling and topped with toffee bars.
- Slow Cooker Molten Chocolate and Caramel Cake – Chocolate Cake in a Slow Cooker! A warm chocolate cake with a rich pudding filling.
How to Make Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat the eggs with a stand or electric mixer until they are thick and fluffy and a light yellow color. This step is really important! You need to beat for several minutes on high for the eggs to get fluffy enough.
- Melt better in a separate, covered, microwave safe bowl in the microwave then immediately add the chocolate chips. Stir until the chocolate chips completely melt (microwaving again in small increments if necessary) leaving a smooth chocolate.
- While still mixing, slowly add the chocolate to the whipped eggs until completely combined. Then use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides and finish mixing in.
- Stir in the almond extract.
- Prepare an 8 inch round cake pan by thoroughly buttering the bottom and sides. I like to take this one more step and cut out a round piece of parchment paper for the bottom and a long strip to line the inner side of the pan and butter those also.
- Pour the batter into the 8 inch round cake pan.
- Bake at 325 for 30 to 35 minutes or until a light touch to the center doesn't feel like liquid underneath.
- Remove cake from oven and let it stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before adding the ganache topping. (see below).
- After you have added the ganache, chill the cake in the fridge for at least 3 hours (the longer the better) before serving.
- Optional: sprinkle on some powdered sugar, fresh raspberries, or drizzle on some chocolate or raspberry syrup.
For the Ganache:
- Once the flourless chocolate cake has cooled you can make the ganache. In a microwave safe bowl add the 1/4 c. heavy cream and microwave on high for about 1 minute, or until the cream just begins to boil on the edges of the bowl. Remove and immediately add the chocolate chips. Stir until the chocolate chips completely melt (microwaving again in small increments if necessary) leaving a creamy chocolate.
- Spread evenly over the top of the cake, leaving a small rim around the outer crust.