This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
These Steak Kabobs with veggies and Avocado Sauce are slightly spicy, but the cool flavor of the avocado sauce balances it out nicely. Perfect for summer grilling!
Featured with this recipe
I love these steak skewers with avocado sauce. They are slightly spicy, but the cool flavor of the avocado sauce balances it out nicely. Remember to let your bamboo/wooden skewers soak for at LEAST 30 minutes before threading the beef on.
Best Vegetables to Add
When it comes to grilling, there are plenty of veggies you can throw on the barbecue to really enhance the flavor of the meat. Peppers, whether red, yellow, orange, or green, add delightful color to the Steak Kabob. You can use all three if you like because each bell pepper has such unique flavor. Since a lot of grilling takes place in summer, don’t forget about those delicious summer squash and zucchini. Slice them into circles or elongated strips, either way they work well on a skewer stick. Onions, mushrooms, chunks of corn on the cob, pieces of asparagus, you can try pretty much anything on a Steak Kabob.
Ingredients in Steak Kabobs
For the Veggies:
- Red bell pepper
- Yellow summer squash
For the Steak:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Granulated garlic
- Granulated onion
- Dried oregano
- Black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Red pepper flakes – optional
- Jalapeño – crushed or diced, optional
- Beef top sirloin steak
For the Avocado Sauce:
- English cucumber
- Sour cream
- Kosher salt
- Lime juice
Frequently Asked Questions
Marinate for at least 4 hours. This will give them the best possible flavor.
Bite-sized pieces are perfect! You want to be able to fit a whole piece in your mouth. That’s why kabobs are so fun!
Medium-rare steak kabobs take 10-12 minutes on the grill, but it is personal preference. Keep an eye on your steak and remember to turn often for even browning.
Read more:35+ Dinner Ideas
More Grilling Ideas
Grilling is such a great way to cook in the summer. Hey, anything to avoid heating up the house! Go ahead and give some of these other great grilling recipes a try:
- Grilled Pesto Pizzas is a unique twist to traditional pizza night.
- Grilled Chicken Tacos with Bacon fuses two of our favorite flavors into one delicious dish.
- Grilled Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken is a sweet, savory Hawaiian flavor that is so easy to make!
- Grilled Steak Quesadillas adds so much flavor and authenticity to the meal. You’ll never want to cook them any other way.
How To Make Steak Kabobs with Avocado Sauce
Steak Skewers with Avocado Sauce
- Outdoor Barbecue Grill
For the Veggies
- 1 onion cut into large pieces
- 1 red pepper cut into large pieces
- 1 yellow summer squash cut into large pieces
- 1 zucchini cut into large pieces
- 8 mushrooms cut in half
For the Steak
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes optional
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño crushed or diced (optional)
- 3 pounds beef top sirloin steak 1″-thick
- 1 medium-ripe avocado seeded, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup seedless English cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro lightly packed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
For the Veggies
- Combine all marinade ingredients and pour over cut veggies: 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup onion minced, 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all marinade ingredients and pour over cut veggies. Put in a Ziploc bag and seal bag tightly with the air pressed out of it as much as possible. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Thread vegetables on skewers and grill until veggies are hot, tender, and cooked through (to desired doneness).
For the Steak
- In large bowl combine oil, granulated garlic and onion, oregano, pepper, and the ½ teaspoon salt, red pepper flakes (optional) and jalapeño (optional); set aside. Trim fat from meat. Cut meat in 1-inch pieces or cubes. Add meat to oil mixture; toss to coat evenly. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Thread meat on skewers, leaving ¼ inch between pieces. Grill 10 to 12 minutes for medium rare (145-degrees), turning to brown evenly. Serve steaks with avocado sauce and grilled veggie skewers.
- In a food processor combine avocado, cucumber, cilantro, sour cream, lime juice, 1 tablespoon water, the 1 teaspoon salt, and cumin. Cover and process until nearly smooth, stopping to scrape sides as necessary. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Red onion grills up sweet and delicious
- Cherry tomatoes char and will pop in your mouth, so fun
- Green bell pepper, similar to red bell pepper, but a little more bitter
- Pineapple is sweet and juicy
- Asparagus is crunchy and grassy
- If you aren’t a fan of the beef kabobs, try chicken kabobs instead
- Try a big salad with everything but the kitchen sink in there!
- Cut up slices of watermelon or a fruit salad
- Macaroni or potato salad
- Bake up some picnic cake
Did you try this recipe?
Share It on Instagram!
Mention @favoritefamilyrecipes or tag #favoritefamilyrecipes!
This is so amazing!! The flavor combinations are so perfect!
My mouth is watering!! I am so excited for nice weather & grilling all the things!! These are so juicy & tasty!! I love that avocado sauce!
I LOVED these! Jake and I made them the other night and can't wait to make them again!
whoops, sorry about that! I fixed it 🙂
The instructions are say add onion to the marinade, but it isn't on the ingredient list. Is is green onion? Thanks for the recipe!