Putting regular steak quesadillas on the grill adds so much flavor and authenticity to the meal, you may never want to go back to the old way of making them.
Grilled Steak Quesadillas
I love steak quesadillas but up until recently, I had never tried putting them on the grill. Now that I have, I may never go back o the “old” way. There is just something about that smokey grilled flavor that just puts a regular ole’ quesadilla over the top. It’s the kind of recipe you can toss together without a lot of prep time. Yet it tastes like you really went all out.
Which Steak to Use?
The recipe is pretty flexible when it comes to which type of steak to use. The thing that sets this recipe apart is the fact that you are grilling the steak quesadillas. So go ahead; get creative with the cut of meat you select. Each one offers its own unique flavor and texture. I will often use leftover steak when I use this recipe – whatever I have on hand.
- Tri-Tip is popular because of its lower fat content. But don’t worry, it still has plenty of marbling to make it full of flavor — especially when its marinated and grilled.
- New York Strip is ideal for grilling and is tender with an ideal amount of marbling. Many people prefer the New York Strip cooked on the rare side.
- Hangar steak is not as tender as some cuts, but its flavor makes it a fine choice for many meals, especially when marinated and grilled.
- Filet Mignon is the most tender cut, however, because it doesn’t have a bone attached it is not the most flavorful of the cuts of cow. Still, when cooked quickly to seal in its goodness, it’s a great flavor of beef.
- Flank is a great steak to serve thin, cut across the grain. Flavorful, but not the most tender, try marinating and then grilling.
Keep On Grilling
There are so many reasons to fire up the grill. Check out these other amazing grill recipes.
- Grilled Caribbean Shish Kabobs feature pineapple, marinated chicken and bacon wrapped bananas. You have to try these!
- Grilled Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken is the real deal; sweet, savory and so easy to make.
- Pesto Pizzas on the Grill are smothered in pesto sauce, sprinkled with feta cheese and fresh tomatoes. Plus, that smoky, grilled flavor.
- Grilled Chicken Tacos with Bacon combine two of our favorite summertime dishes.
- Grilled Malibu Chicken has that delightful honey mustard vinaigrette, is grilled to perfection and then topped off with fresh ham and provolone cheese.
How To Make Grilled Steak Quesadillas
and authenticity to the meal, you may never want to go back to the old
way of making them.
- Season and grill steak to desired doneness (I like to season with Montreal Steak Seasoning), then slice into thin strips. Place on tortilla, add cheese and green onion, fold over. Spray each side of quesadilla with cooking spray, then grill for abour 1-2 minutes on each side or until tortilla becomes golden brown and a few grill marks. Serve immediately with salsa and sour cream.
- Outdoor Barbecue Grill