This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
This Easy Kielbasa Appetizer is sweet, and savory, and packs a spicy punch! Perfect little bites for game day, holiday buffets, or any party!
Featured with this recipe
You are going to love this Easy Kielbasa Appetizer! The savory sausage is smothered in a sweet and spicy sauce that is so irresistible! They’re the perfect little party appetizer, whether you’re entertaining a crowd at a fancy holiday party or casually watching the big game on a Sunday afternoon.
These Kielbasas are just the right amount of sweet and savory with a hint of jalapeño. Plus they are so easy to make! You just toss all the ingredients in the slow cooker and let it do the work. Delicious and easy, it doesn’t get better than that!
Easy Kielbasa appetizer is always a favorite to make and eat! With only four ingredients, these mini bite-sized morsels come full of flavor. Our whole family loves how quick these are to make and made to perfection!
- Beef Polska Kielbasa – This is like a smoked sausage and comes in a U shape that can be found in the poultry section of your grocery store. It is usually up along the side of the wall with other sausages.
- Barbecue sauce – Make a homemade BBQ sauce or store-bought! You will love how easy these are to make!
- Strawberry fruit and honey spread – This will sweeten up the barbecue sauce. We love to use Smucker’s jelly. It is the best blend of flavor. It is enjoyable to experiment with all kinds of recipes. Smucker’s has really done a fabulous job balancing the sweetness and spice in this spread. You first taste the flavor of sweet, fresh strawberry and then the mild heat of the jalapeño comes through.
- Cream cheese – Mix together cream cheese with the Smucker’s jelly. This gives it a cooling and refreshing jelly spread that Spread the cream cheese on crackers to set a kielbasa over top too!
Crock Pot Kielbasa Appetizer
This sweet and savory appetizer comes together with just three ingredients! What could be easier than throwing ingredients into the slow cooker? That’s the beauty of this easy kielbasa recipe. Let the slow cooker do all the work!
- Prepare the beef – Slice kielbasa into bite-size rounds and add them to the Crock Pot. I like to use all beef kielbasa sausage but you can use any kind you like.
- BBQ sauce – Add a cup or so of your favorite barbecue sauce. My go-to is always Sweet Baby Ray’s.
- Blend together – Then stir in the star ingredient of this show: Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeño Fruit Spread.
- Cook – Let it all simmer in the slow cooker for two to three hours until serving time.
Tips and Suggestions
Kielbasa has a bold flavor with a sweet and savory taste that everyone loves! The sausage rope has a natural flavor that is amazingly flavorful and simple to cook. Follow these tips and suggestions to create the best kielbasa!
- Polish sausage – Some other delicious alternatives are turkey sausage, pork, spicy or mild, just about any kind will do. It comes in a u-shape package in the meat section of your grocery store.
- Spice – Add a little heat with hot sauce, red pepper flakes, paprika, or cayenne pepper.
- Jelly – If you are unable to find the jelly at your local grocery store any type of Smucker’s jelly will work.
- Jalapeños – Top the kielbasa with a slice of jalapeño on top for extra heat!
- Pan fry – Warm up your sliced polish sausage in a large skillet on medium heat. Stirring the sausage occasionally until they are cooked through. Add BBQ and jelly to the skillet and cook until blended together.
Suggestions for Serving
Serve these kielbasa bites at your next party! These are easy to make and create a fancy appetizer or low-key for a super bowl game. Make a meal or a simple snack after school. All these options are perfect for serving the best kielbasa!
- Party – Offer your guests a plate of these sweet and savory bites with some colorful toothpicks and the crowd will go wild!
- Appetizer – I also love to eat these kielbasa bites over a cracker with some Strawberry Jalapeño cream cheese.
- Snack – Spread the strawberry jalapeño cream cheese over bagels, on toast, or just about anything! So yummy!
- Dinner – Use this as a weeknight dinner and add potatoes or noodles, and vegetables for a complete meal!
“Love how easy these are, the sauce for the kielbasa sounds tasty too.”-Caroline
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Kielbasa is a great source of nutrients and minerals. Check the nutritional information and daily value on the label of the sausage package. This is full of healthy and delicious flavors as well as ingredients that make up the sausage itself.
They mean the same thing! Kielbasa means sausage in Polish. This can include American breakfast sausage, German bratwurst, Italian hot sausage, or any other sausage that you love.
Each kielbasa or sausage is made differently and depends on the type of sausage that you are purchasing. Different brands also have different ingredients and flavors within their packaging. For most kielbasa, it is full of ground pork, infused flavors that are added to the sausage, and any other nutrients that are recommended through that brand.
Storing and Reheating Kielbasa
Let your kielbasa cool before adding it to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for three to five days. When ready to reheat, place in the microwave for 30-45 seconds at a time until the kielbasa has warmed up. Grab some crackers or eat them just the way they are!
More Amazing Appetizers
This recipe is one of our favorite Super Bowl Recipes. Be sure to check out our full list of recipes for the big game. Try some of our favorite appetizer recipes for your next big bash!
How to Make this Easy Kielbasa Appetizer
- Crockpot Slow Cooker
- 1 package Beef Polska Kielbasa it comes in a U shape, like smoked sausage
- 1 cup barbecue sauce any kind is fine, but do a basic flavor
- ¼ cup Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeño Fruit Spread
For the Strawberry Jalapeño Cream Cheese:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeño Fruit Spread
- Cut the Beef Polska Kielbasa into small rounds and place in a slow cooker with the barbecue sauce and Smucker's Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeño Fruit Spread.
- Cook on high for 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove from heat and serve with toothpicks or crackers and Strawberry Jalapeño Cream Cheese.
For the Strawberry Jalapeño Cream Cheese:
- In a medium-sized bowl, blend the cream cheese with the Smucker's Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeño Fruit Spread until completely mixed in and smooth.
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.
** This post was sponsored by Smucker’s but all opinions are our own**