This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
This corn dip is loaded with chilies, tomatoes, and—of course— corn all mixed in a creamy, cheesy ranch-flavored sauce. Corn dip whips up in no time and is one of the best party foods or game day appetizers out there.
Featured in this Recipe
This easy Creamy Corn Dip, also called Fiesta Corn Dip, is one of my favorite dips ever, mainly because it is so easy to throw together. You can literally throw it together in 10 minutes. The corn dip is cool, creamy, and full of flavor. It reminds me of a Mexican street corn dip. It is perfect year-round. This corn dip tastes just as good for game day in the fall, as it does as a side dish at a summer BBQ. My sister-in-law, Linsey, gave me this recipe. She made it a few years ago for a family gathering and everyone devoured it. She has made it for us several times since and I kept forgetting to get the recipe from her. Finally, I broke down and begged her for the recipe and she was kind enough to share.
Ingredients in Creamy Corn Dip
- Mexicorn – Mexicorn is canned corn that also has bits of red and green bell peppers in it. However, you can also use canned corn, fresh corn off the cob, or even frozen corn. The corn dip definitely tastes best if it has those red and green bell pepper pieces in them. You can often find frozen corn with that combination, but if not either omit the peppers or buy a few and chop them in. You don’t need a full pepper of each variety, about 1/4th a pepper is the right amount.
- Rotel – Rotel is a mixture of diced tomatoes and diced green chiles.
- Greek Yogurt – if you don’t have Greek yogurt then you can also use sour cream or cream cheese
- Mayonnaise – if you’re not a fan of mayo, then you can use more greek yogurt as a substitute.
- Cheddar Cheese
- Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
- Green Onions
- Salt and Pepper
- Corn Chips for Serving – This corn dip is versatile and goes well with almost any savory item that can be dipped. A few of our favorites include tortilla chips, potato chips, crackers, baby carrots, celery, or any other raw veggie you have on hand.
- Optional Add Ins: fresh cilantro, lime juice, hot sauce, and jalapenos
You can serve this corn dip recipe right after you mix the ingredients. However, I will say this recipe tastes even better if you make it ahead of time and stick it in the fridge covered for at least an hour. The corn dip flavors will combine and taste absolutely amazing!
Frequently Asked Questions
This creamy corn dip has corn, peppers, chilis, Greek yogurt, cheese, ranch dressing mix, and mayonnaise.
Due to the dairy content in this dip, I would not recommend freezing.
Might be obvious, but this dip! This is the perfect dip for corn chips.
Read Next:25+ Easy Appetizers: Classic & Creative Dishes To Make
Other Party Dips to Try
We are definitely dip fans in our home! We have so many great dip recipes that are the perfect appetizer for barbecues, parties, or having friends over for a movie or game! Here are some of our favorites:
- Chili Cheese Dip
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Easy Spinach Dip
- Warm Bacon Cheese Dip
- Easy Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- 5-Minute Dill Pickle Dip
- Artichoke Cheese Fondue
- Jalapeño Greek Yogurt Dip
How to Make Creamy Corn Dip
Easy Creamy Corn Dip
- 30 ounces Southwest corn drained
- 20 ounces Rotel Tomatoes with green chilies drained
- 1 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ounce Ranch dressing mix (dry mix)
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients and stir gently in a large bowl until combined. Reserve a little bit of cheese and green onions for garnish.
- Refrigerate dip until ready to serve.*
- Garnish with reserved cheddar cheese and green onions before serving.
- Serve with corn tortilla chips.
- This dip can be served immediately or refrigerated for up to several days. At least an hour in the fridge does give extra flavor to the the dip.
- Mexicorn is canned corn that also has bits of red and green bell peppers in it. However, you can also use canned corn, fresh corn off the cob, or even frozen corn. The corn dip definitely tastes best if it has those red and green bell pepper pieces in them. You can often find frozen corn with that combination, but if not either omit the peppers or buy a few and chop them in. You don’t need a full pepper of each variety, about 1/4th a pepper is the right amount.
- You can use more Greek yogurt as a substitute for mayonnaise.
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.
can you use frozzen corn kernels not canned?
Yes! Just thaw them and drain them really well first.
I have made this recipe several times over the years and it’s always been a hit. Thanks for sharing!
This is one of our favorite recipes and was such a huge hit at our family potluck yesterday! Definitely everyone’s favorite! Can’t wait to make this recipe again!
So many yummy flavors and texture. I served with tortilla chips and my guests devoured it.
What a crowd pleaser! This was gone in minutes!
Great recipe! I remembered a block party about a half an hour before it started so I looked up quick recipes and I had almost everything for this one. I whipped it up very quickly and got multiple compliments on it. I added fresh chopped cilantro and poblano since I had it and used sour cream instead of yogurt since it’s what I had. I’ll bet it tastes much more flavorful after it sits in the refrigerator overnight so I’m excited to taste it tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!
That’s awesome! I’m so glad this worked for you!
Took it to a neighborhood bbq. Everyone loved it and wanted the recipie not a lot of leftovers, had to make more the next day
So glad to hear it was a hit at your BBQ! Thanks for the 5-stars!
Have you ever tried this warm?
We haven’t but I bet it would be tasty!
How many servings is this?
It should serve 6-8 as a side dish dip, 10-12 as an appetizer.
We call this Cowboy Caviar and it is really great with cooked chunked chicken or crispy bacon. Love this !!!
Yum, I will have to try that!
Can you make ahead…like the nigh before?
What is mexicorn?
It is corn with peppers in it. It is just a flavored corn but it is hard to find sometimes.
Is there an alternative to ranch dressing mix since that has MSG?
You can use the dry ingredients in this recipe: /buttermilk-ranch-dressing-recipe.html
Hope that helps!
What is Rotel and what can I use instead in Canada if we don’t have it
Rotel is a brand name. It is canned, diced, tomatoes with chopped onion, green chilis, and other seasonings. It isn’t as watery as most canned tomatoes. You can use 2 10 ounce cans of seasoned diced tomatoes instead of Rotel, just make sure you drain them well. Thanks for asking!
Can u use something different than yogurt
You can use all mayo or you can do part mayo part sour cream 🙂
I would love to try this using all Greek yogurt. Do you think the non-fat kind would work okay? That’s the only kind I buy.
You can definitely do all Greek yogurt. I, personally, am not a fan of the non-fat Greek yogurt (too runny and lacks taste to me) but you can try it!
Such a delicious dip! And quick to make:)
Looks awesome! !
Could you use fresh (cooked or grilled) or frozen corn?
Yes, you would be fine to use either.