This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
This corn dip recipe makes a fantastic appetizer! The creamy dressing, sweet corn, and flavorful ingredients make it a true crowd-pleaser. Your guests will be asking for seconds (maybe even thirds!).
Featured in this Recipe
This easy Creamy Corn Dip recipe is one of my favorite dips ever, mainly because it is so easy to throw together. You can literally throw it together in 10 minutes. The corn dip is cool, creamy, and full of flavor. It reminds me of a Mexican street corn dip. It is perfect year-round. This corn dip tastes just as good for game day in the fall, as it does as a side dish at a summer BBQ. My sister-in-law, Linsey, gave me this recipe. She made it a few years ago for a family gathering and everyone devoured it. She has made it for us several times since and I kept forgetting to get the recipe from her. Finally, I broke down and begged her for the recipe and she was kind enough to share.
Ingredients in Creamy Corn Dip
This easy Mexican corn dip recipe comes together fast and lasts up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator. It’s the perfect snack! Here’s what you need:
- Southwest Corn or Mexicorn – This Mexican-style corn has bits of red and green bell peppers mixed in with the corn kernels. However, you can also use canned corn, fresh corn off the cob, or even frozen corn. The corn dip definitely tastes best if it has those red and green bell pepper pieces in them. You can often find frozen corn with that combination, but if not, either omit the peppers or buy a few and chop them in. You don’t need a full pepper of each variety, about 1/4th a pepper is the right amount.
- Rotel – Much like the Southwest Corn, Rotel is a mixture of diced tomatoes and diced green chiles.
- Greek Yogurt – You can substitute sour cream or cream cheese
- Mayonnaise – If you’re not a fan of mayo, then you can use more Greek yogurt as a substitute.
- Cheddar Cheese – I like a good sharp cheddar.
- Dry Ranch Dressing Mix – One packet of dry mix will bring so much flavor to this dip!
- Green Onions – Dice a few to mix in to the dip and save a few more for garnish.
- Salt and Pepper – to taste
- Corn Chips for Serving – This corn dip is versatile and goes well with almost any savory item that can be dipped. A few of our favorites include tortilla chips, potato chips, crackers, baby carrots, celery, or any other raw veggie you have on hand.
You can flavor or spice-up this dip to your taste. Experiment with some of these add-ins:
- For a smoky flavor, add a teaspoon of smoked paprika or a dash of chipotle powder.
- To add some heat, add a diced jalapeño pepper into the dip.
- Try different cheeses like a Mexican cheese blend, Pepper Jack cheese, or Monterey Jack cheese.
- Garnish with cilantro and/or lime.
You can serve this corn dip recipe right after you mix the ingredients. However, this dip tastes even better if you make it ahead of time and stick it in the fridge covered for at least an hour. The corn dip flavors will combine and taste absolutely amazing!
What to Serve with Corn Dip
This corn dip is versatile and goes well with almost any savory item that can be dipped. A few of our favorites include tortilla chips, corn chips, crackers, baby carrots, celery, or any other raw veggie you have on hand. It is also delicious as a topping on bean dip, tacos, and burritos.
More Corn Recipes
How to Make this Corn Dip Recipe
Creamy Corn Dip
- Combine all ingredients and stir gently in a large bowl until combined. Reserve a little bit of cheese and green onions for garnish.
- Refrigerate dip until ready to serve.
- Garnish with reserved cheddar cheese and green onions before serving.
- Serve with corn tortilla chips.
- This dip can be served immediately or refrigerated for up to several days. At least an hour in the fridge does give extra flavor to the the dip.
- For more spice, add a diced jalapeño pepper.
- For added color and flavor, garnish with chopped cilantro and lime slices.
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.