This homemade Jalapeño Jelly is so flavorful! It tastes like a fancy jelly you would find at Williams-Sonoma or Harry and David.
I know this sounds strange but hear me out, this Jalapeño Jelly is AMAZING! It tastes like a fancy jelly you would find at Williams-Sonoma or Harry and David or Trader Joes. When you hear the word jalapeno, you probably imagine something super hot, but I promise it’s not. It is perfectly sweet with just a tiny little kick. My Mom loves this and she hates anything much spicier than ketchup.
My sister gave me this recipe and it has quickly become a favorite in our household especially when we have it with cream cheese and Triscuits. We have made these as an appetizer many times and EVERYONE who has tried them has absolutely loved them! A friend of mine also suggested putting this over steak for a fancy twist. The possibilities are endless. You are going to love this stuff!
Health benefits of Jalapeño
Spicing up foods with jalapeños can be really good for you. Did you know that jalapeños can help prevent colds and headaches? Jalapeños contain a natural plant compound called capsaicin. Capsaicin helps boost metabolism, prevents bacteria growth, can help migraine headaches, and may even help fight cancer. Jalapeños also contain vitamin C and vitamin A.
More Jalapeño Recipes
- Strawberry Jalapeño Beef Polska Kielbasa Bites – A tasty appetizer that is sweet and savory, with a little kick.
- Copycat Skotidakis Jalapeño Greek Yogurt Dip – This is a copycat of a Costco dip that we loved, but it’s no longer available. It is a creamy and flavorful yogurt dip. It is delicious on veggies, chips, crackers, and Naan bread.
- Cheesy Grilled Jalapeños – These are a great side dish or appetizer for a BBQ. Jalapeño halves are filled with cream cheese, Colby Jack cheese, and bacon and dipped in BBQ sauce or Ranch dressing.
- Strawberry Jalapeño Cheese Ball – This is a festive holiday appetizer. The sweetness of the strawberries and the spice of the jalapeño give in the perfect blend of sweet and heat.
If you’re in the mood for jelly, but still not convinced that Jalapeño is for you, check out this delicious fresh and easy strawberry jam.
How to Make Jalapeño Jelly
- In food processor, finely chop peppers.
- Place peppers in large pot with vinegar, salt and sugar.
- Boil for 10 minutes stirring often.
- Add Certo pouch and boil 1 more minute.
- Fill canning jars.
- Water bath for 10 minutes.
- Wait a day or so before serving so the jelly has a change to ‘gel’.
- Serve on crackers with cream cheese. This jelly is also delicious as a dipping sauce for steak or chicken nuggets.
- UPDATE – We have had some people comment saying their jelly turned out hotter than they like it. Be sure to use milder jalapeños if you don’t like it hot. You may use hot jalapeños but remove most or all of the seeds depending on if you want your jelly spicy or not. How can you tell the hotness level of your jalapenos? Click HERE!