These Bacon wrapped Lil Smokies are to DIE for good! They are a guaranteed hit for parties! You will NOT be disappointed. If you want to even kick them up a notch– try smoking them in a smoker! Click HERE to see a tutorial on how to make them. We just had these last weekend and they were devoured in no time at all. They are ALWAYS a favorite any time I bring them to a football party and everyone is always begging me for the recipe… they are so easy to make and everyone will just love them! They are meaty, sweet, and savory… and OH so good!
- 1 lb. sliced "center cut" bacon, cut in half
- (center cut bacon is less fatty and you won't have to secure it with a toothpick)
- 1 (14oz.) package Lil' Smokies
- 1 c. brown sugar
- maple syrup to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap each Lil' Smokie with a piece of bacon. If you are using regular bacon instead of the center-cut bacon, you may have to secure it with a toothpick.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray (to prevent sticking).
- Place the wrapped Smokies on the lined cookie sheet and sprinkle generously with the brown sugar.
- Drizzle a little maple syrup over all the smokies once they are covered in brown sugar. Bake for about 40 minutes or until the sugar is bubbly and brown.
- To serve, put all the wrapped smokies in a slow cooker on low and add a little more maple syrup. Stir well so each Smokie is coated with the sugary glaze.