These Bacon-wrapped Lil’ Smokies are to DIE for good! They are a guaranteed hit for parties! You will NOT be disappointed. If you want to even kick them up a notch– try smoking them in a smoker! Click HERE to see a tutorial on how to make them! We just had these last weekend and they were devoured in no time at all. They are ALWAYS a favorite any time I bring them to a football party and everyone is always begging me for the recipe… they are so easy to make and everyone will just love them!
- 1 lb. sliced "center cut" bacon, cut in half
- (center cut bacon is less fatty and you won't have to secure it with a toothpick)
- 1 (14oz.) package Lil' Smokies
- 1 c. brown sugar
- maple syrup to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap each Lil' Smokie with a piece of bacon. If you are using regular bacon instead of the center-cut bacon, you may have to secure it with a toothpick.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray (to prevent sticking).
- Place the wrapped Smokies on the lined cookie sheet and sprinkle generously with the brown sugar.
- Drizzle a little maple syrup over all the smokies once they are covered in brown sugar. Bake for about 40 minutes or until the sugar is bubbly and brown.
- To serve, put all the wrapped smokies in a slow cooker on low and add a little more maple syrup. Stir well so each Smokie is coated with the sugary glaze.