This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip is a favorite appetizer! Creamy, bubbly, and cheesy, this dip always disappears fast and is by far the best spinach artichoke recipe ever!
Featured with this recipe
Hot spinach artichoke dip is one of those classic appetizers you can find at many restaurants, football house parties, and family gatherings. It is smooth and creamy with so much flavor! Dip with all your favorite sliced bread, vegetables, and chips. Bring this to your next party and watch it disappear!
We have tried many recipes over the years and this is absolutely the most delicious one ever! In fact, whenever I order spinach artichoke dip at a restaurant I’m always disappointed it doesn’t taste as good as this one. It is creamy, slightly spicy, and ideal for dipping all things. Everyone loves this dip!
Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip
Bring this dip to all your parties and it will be a hit every time! Everyone loves a good dip and this warm artichoke is served hot for a comfy and savory appetizer. This spinach artichoke dip recipe comes together quickly and gathers everyone around the table!
- Artichoke hearts – Marinated artichoke hearts that are in a jar work well for this recipe.
- Spinach – Frozen chopped spinach will be mixed together. It does not need to be thawed.
- Cream cheese – Stir in a creamy blend of cream cheese to the mixture. It is smooth and creamy with a sweet taste.
- Parmesan cheese – Use the fresh parmesan cheese that is shredded not the parmesan cheese that comes in a canister that is a powdered texture. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese overtop the spinach and artichoke mixture to melt and blend together.
- Red pepper flakes – Add a little heat to the dip! Every few bites there is a little extra spice to add to the flavor.
- Garlic powder – This is a spice that is derived from dried garlic cloves. It tastes and smells very similar to garlic itself. It is a great way to add garlic with a subtle texture.
Preparing Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
Cooked artichokes have a mild, slightly nutty flavor, and the spinach just adds a delightful texture to this baked spinach artichoke dip. Paired with tangy cream cheese, tasty Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and a hint of red pepper flakes, you’ll soon discover why this dip is our favorite!
- Boil – Drain the artichoke hearts and boil them in a pan filled with water for 10 minutes to soften.
- Mix – Drain the water from the artichokes and mix the artichokes in a bowl with all the remaining ingredients.
- Bake – Pour the mixture into a 9×9 inch pan baking dish and warm in the oven until heated through.
- Serve – This is best served hot with crackers, chips, or bread.
Suggestions for this Dip
These are great tips and suggestions for making the best spinach and artichoke dip. Don’t over-mix the mixture, try using fresh spinach, or make it ahead are some great tips to start you on. Try some of these ideas for your next spinach dip appetizer!
- Mixing tip – The secret to perfect baked spinach artichoke dip is not over-mixing. Stirring the mixture too much could smash the artichokes and spinach. So make sure to mix ingredients until just combined.
- Make ahead – This is the perfect recipe to make ahead of time! The flavors blend together better and better over time. It’ll stay nice and fresh in the fridge for up to a week. It even freezes well for up to two months. Just thaw in the fridge and reheat either in the microwave or oven.
- Garlic substitute – If you swap out garlic powder for fresh garlic, try to use up the recipe within three days, as minced garlic can give off a bitter flavor after that.
- Thaw spinach – To keep your dip from becoming watery or runny, thaw your spinach in warm water then squeeze it totally dry with paper towels to release the excess liquid.
- Fresh spinach – We love using frozen spinach in this recipe, but you can use fresh spinach too! Chop one pound of fresh spinach, cook, then squeeze dry just as you would the frozen spinach to release the excess moisture.
“This dip does not last long at our house! I know that I need to double it because it is that Good!”-Amy
Frequently Asked Questions
There are lots of options for what to dip into your spinach and artichoke dip. Serve it with fresh-cut vegetables, like celery, carrots, and bell peppers. Sliced bread is always a savory choice with sliced baguette bread. Tortilla chips are crunchy and add extra flavor as well as crackers.
Yes! This dip is perfect for making ahead or reheating. You can reheat it in the oven until it is warmed through or in the microwave in 30-45 second intervals. Stir in between each time.
Unfortunately, not! Even though there are spinach and artichokes in the dip, they are made to be savory and not on the healthy side. The cream base and cheese combined take the calories higher than usual as well as the grams of fat and sodium.
Storing Artichoke and Spinach Dip
Place the leftovers into an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for three to four days long. When ready to reheat the artichoke and spinach dip, place the dip in an oven or microwave until it is warmed through. Start dipping and enjoy!
More Delicious Dips
Dips are always fun to bring to parties, enjoy over games, or movie nights! These dips are perfect year-round and bring either a sweet or savory flavor to the table. Add fruit, veggies, or chips to start dipping!
How to Make Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 9×9 inch pan
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Rinse the spinach in a strainer with warm water until thawed. Thoroughly pat dry with a paper towel.
- Drain the artichoke hearts and boil in a pan filled with water for 10 minutes to soften. Drain the water from the artichokes.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×9 inch pan baking pan.
- Warm in the oven until heated through.
- Serve hot with crackers, chips, or bread.
- Place the leftovers into an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for three to four days long.
- When ready to reheat the artichoke and spinach dip, place the dip in an oven or microwave until it is warmed through.
- Add extra red pepper flakes for even more heat!
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.