You are going to love this homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Recipe! We use it all the time and it tastes a million times better than the bottled stuff!
There are two things that we BLAZE through at our house. Sriracha and ranch dressing. We go through more ranch dressing than I care to admit. We put it on everything from chicken tenders, to sandwiches, to pizza.. the list goes on and on. If you are a ranch dressing fan like us, you know that the ranch dressing from the bottle at the store does not taste anywhere NEAR as good as ranch dressings that you get at a restaurant…. that is because most restaurants don’t use the bottled stuff. They make their own. If you are still buying ranch dressing from a bottle at the store, you have GOT to give this buttermilk ranch dressing recipe a try. See for yourself and compare. You will see what I am talking about!
This makes a fairly decent amount (about 4 c.). We like to make it up and put it in a quart-sized jar and keep it in the fridge. Honestly, you will never go back to buying ranch dressing in a bottle or packet again.
FOR A LIGHTER VERSION: Use Greek Yogurt and 1 1/2 c. skim milk instead of mayo and buttermilk… it won’t taste QUITE as good– but you won’t feel as guilty 🙂
- 2 c. Best foods Hellmann's Mayonnaise
- 2 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp. pepper or to taste
- 1 Tbsp. parsley
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 2 Tbsp. "Accent" OR "Spike" seasoning or to taste (Spike has no added MSG, so we prefer that.. but either works great!)
- Mix all ingredients together well using a whisk. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- If you want to make up some dry mix to save for later or for a recipe that calls for "dry ranch dressing packet", just combine dry ingredients and store in an air-tight container. 3 Tbsp of this mix is equal to what comes in your typical-sized ranch dressing packet.