Loaded Potato Wedges are the perfect game day or party appetizer. Tender potatoes loaded with bacon, cheese and drizzled with rich sour cream. A winner for any occasion!
Loaded Potato Wedges
Loaded Potato Wedges take center stage at any party or game day event in our family. They’re the perfect little bite sized appetizer for tail gate parties, game nights, just about any occasion! We also make a big batch of these for dinner sometimes and serve them with a green salad. These potatoes are crisp on the outside, tender on the inside, covered with melted cheese, crisp crumbly bacon and cool, tangy sour cream. Everything you love about a baked potato in bite size form.
Suggestions for Perfect Potato Wedges
- Pick the perfect potato! We love good Idaho russets for this recipe but you could use Yukon golds if that’s what you have on hand.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil. This is a necessary step to keep the potatoes from sticking and burning on the pan.
- Be sure to use good cheese! We love Tillamook brand which just melts and tastes so much better than anything else we’ve tried.
- Speaking of cheese, it is totally worth the extra work to buy a brick and shred it yourself. Pre-shredded cheese doesn’t have the same strong flavor and is coated so it doesn’t clump together, which doesn’t allow for proper melting.
- You can use pre-packaged crumbled bags of bacon (not bacon bits!) but I also recommend cooking and crumbling your own bacon. It just tastes better.
- Cool off all that cheese and bacon with delicious, rich sour cream.I like to spoon some into a sandwich bag, cut a small hole in one corner, and pipe it out like frosting so it looks pretty. You can also serve the sour cream on the side for dipping.
- Not a sour cream fan? These potato wedges taste delicious with ranch dressing too!
- Garnish these potato wedges with a sprinkle of chives.
More Tasty Appetizer Recipes
Serve these Loaded Potato Wedges alongside any of these appetizers and you’ll be party ready anytime of the year!
- Easy Creamy Corn Dip
- Loaded Cheesy Potato Skins
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Grilled Ranch Potatoes in Foil
- Parmesan Baked Potato Halves
- Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies
How to Make Loaded Potato Wedges
- Scrub potatoes well, slice into wedges and place in a large plastic bag. Add a little oil and toss to coat then transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet with the skin side down. Sprinkle potatoes generously with seasoning salt. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes (or until cooked through and golden brown). Do not stir while cooking.
- Sprinkle on cheese and crumbled bacon and bake for 2 more minutes, just long enough for the cheese to melt.
- Drizzle sour cream over the top and sprinkle with chives or italian seasoning.