This has become our traditional Halloween dessert. It’s kind of like an upside down pumpkin pie, but I like it even better. It is so easy to throw together and is the perfect dish for fall when you are starting to crave pumpkin.
- 4 eggs
- 3 c. pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. clove
- 3 c. half and half
- 1 yellow cake mix (unprepared)
- 1/2 c. butter (melted)
- cinnamon and sugar (to taste)
- chopped pecans (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl then pour into a 9x13 pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix over the top (I usually only end up using about 3/4 of the box). Pat the cake mix down a little then pour melted butter evenly over the top. Then sprinkle with a little cinnamon and sugar (and pecans-optional). Bake at 350 for 60 minutes. Knife in center should come out clean when it is done. Serve with cool whip or vanilla ice cream over the top.
Copyright Favorite Family Recipes 2012