This is by far my favorite taco soup recipe, it has so much flavor! My husband loves to eat it by dipping in one chip at a time, I like to crunch a bunch in at once. We eat this constantly at our house. I make up a big batch in the crock pot and freeze the leftovers in individual containers – it reheats really well.
|Emily’s Southwest Taco Soup|| |
- 3 chicken breasts
- Valentina hot sauce
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 3 cans italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 bunch cilantro, with the stems removed
- salt to taste
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- Stick the chicken breasts in a crock pot and smother with Valentina hot sauce. Cook on high for three hours or until you can shred up the chicken with a fork. Add the chicken broth. Blend the stewed tomatoes until smooth then add the cilantro and pulse a few times.
- Add the tomato mixture to the crock pot, then the corn and black beans and salt. I also like to add some more hot sauce here because I like it spicy, but this part is optional. Let cook for about 1 more hour. Serve in individual bowls. Top with cheddar cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips.