Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup can be thrown together in a pinch and is ready to eat in about 30 minutes. Spicy and hearty, a big hit for your family!
Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
The more I use my Instant Pot, the more I love it. It is perfect for those nights when you are in a rush to get something on the table. For this Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup, I literally dumped everything in the Instant Pot, set the timer, and let the machine do its thing. It turned out perfectly! This enchilada soup is creamy, cheesy, a little spicy, and absolutely scrumptious.
If you were reading over the recipe and wondering if it was okay to add the cream cheese to the Instant Pot, let me assure you, it is totally fine! The cream cheese won’t separate. It may need to be stirred in at the end but that’s it. Sour cream is a different story. Try not to add sour cream to the Instant Pot before cooking or it may separate and get a weird texture. If you want to add sour cream, it would probably be best to add it at the end in the individual bowls.
Suggestions for this IP Soup Recipe
- If you don’t have an actual “Instant Pot”, don’t fret. This simple recipe can be made EXACTLY the same in a pressure cooker. If your pressure cooker doesn’t have a “sauté” function you can just sauté the vegetables in a pan on the stove before adding everything to the pressure cooker.
- You can really use any kind of beans that you like for this recipe. I like black beans and chili beans but you can use pinto beans, red beans, Northern beans, or kidney beans.
- There’s literally no end to the toppings you can use for this yummy soup. Pile the soup high with avocado or guacamole, fresh diced tomatoes, tortilla crisps, cilantro or salsa. Be creative and make it however your family will like it best!
- To make this recipe gluten-free, you need to keep your eye on a couple things. First, the taco seasoning. Most taco seasonings contain gluten so make SURE that you are using GF taco seasoning. Also, you need to check your enchilada sauces. Many enchilada sauces have gluten in them so check your labels. Keep an eye on those two things and you are good to go!
More Yummy Instant Pot Recipes
Try a few of our very favorite Instant Pot classics. Your family will LOVE them!
- Easiest Instant Pot Meatballs
- Instant Pot Beef Goulash
- Sunday Pot Roast (Instant Pot Recipe)
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice with Basil Cream Sauce
- Instant pot Chicken Cordon Bleu
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 10 ounces red enchilada sauce
- 10 ounces green enchilada sauce
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces black beans drained
- 15 ounces chili beans NOT drained
- 15 ounces corn drained
- 4 ounces diced green chiles
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups cheese shredded
- tortilla chips (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
- Press the "sauté" function on the Instant Pot. Add oil, onions, and peppers.
- Saute until onions become soft and transparent.
- Add enchilada sauces, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, beans, corn, and chiles to the Instant Pot and stir until well mixed.
- Add cream cheese in spoonfuls into the Instant Pot. Add chicken breasts and sprinkle taco seasoning over top.
- Place lid on the Instant Pot and move tab to "sealing". Set Instant Pot to "manual" and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Allow to natural release for 10 minutes before doing a quick release.
- Remove lid from Instant Pot, shred chicken, and serve.
- Top individual servings with cheese, tortilla chips and cilantro.
- 6-Quart Instant Pot Pressure Cooker (See Instant Pot Note Below)