Homemade Crescent Rolls are light and fluffy and so flaky! This recipe makes a large batch, perfect for a crowd or for freezing some for later.
Homemade Crescent Rolls
These crescent rolls are a family staple at nearly every meal. My mother always made sure we had a basket of her homemade fluffy, buttery rolls whether it was a Sunday roast, full Thanksgiving dinner, a pot of chili or even a simple summer salad. Now that I have my own family, I find myself making them all the time, too. Dinner just doesn’t seem complete without a basket of rolls on my own table. The warm smell fills the house as they bake and gets everyone excited to gather around the dinner table. Plus this recipe makes a huge batch, which is perfect because it’s nearly impossible to stop at just one roll!
Freeze the Dough
This crescent roll dough can be frozen to use later on! This recipe makes a lot of dough, and I even like to double the batch so I can freeze about half of it after rolling the dough into crescents. Once they’re formed, freeze them on a cookie sheet, then store in a freezer safe container for up to two months. When you’re ready to use them, just thaw the rolls on a greased cookie sheet, allow them to rise, then bake.
Mashed Potato Flakes in Crescent Rolls
Using mashed potato flakes will help make these the softest, flakiest, most delicious rolls you’ve ever tasted. If you’ve ever had potato bread or potato rolls, you know what I mean. Any kind of instant potato flakes will work just fine. A bag of potato flakes will last for several batches of these rolls. They won’t taste like potatoes; they’ll just improve the soft, pillowy texture of these delightful rolls.
What to Serve with Crescent Rolls
In my opinion, there isn’t a meal out there that wouldn’t benefit from a warm homemade roll or two. Here are a few of our favorite dinners that we love to serve alongside these buttery rolls:
- Sunday Pot Roast (Instant Pot Recipe)
- Easy Crock Pot Pork Chops
- Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Honey Baked Ham Recipe
- Easy Beef Stroganoff
- Apricot Chicken
How to Make Homemade Crescent Rolls
Homemade Crescent Rolls
- In large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the butter, dry milk powder, sugar, potato flakes, eggs, salt, and some flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a heavily floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll into two 12in. circles and cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges, starting at widest end first, to form a crescent shape.
- Let rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled. Bake @ 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.