This Roasted Vegetable Medley is a healthy and easy side dish. It is a colorful compliment to beef, chicken, pork, or fish. The idea for this recipe came from the Claim Jumper Restaurant. I ordered their roasted vegetables and loved them so much, I came up with my own version at home.
This recipe includes all of my favorite veggies – especially when they are roasted. You can add or subtract vegetables to your taste. There are a few vegetables that don’t roast well like broccoli and green beans, but most vegetables roast beautifully. Roasting vegetables at a high heat causes them to caramelize on the outside without overcooking them on the inside. No one likes mushy vegetables! Keep an eye on them in the oven. They are perfect when they are starting to brown a little on the edges.
- 2-3 zucchini, cut lengthwise into fourths, and then slice into bite size pieces
- 2-3 yellow squash, sliced same as zucchini
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 package whole mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray (or you can foil line the baking sheet and spray the foil).
- Mix all of the cut up vegetables and garlic in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Toss until all the vegetables are covered.
- Add rosemary leaves and salt, and toss again.
- Roast the vegetables for about 30 minute, stirring once. You will know the vegetables are done when they are brown on the outside edges and tender on the inside.